Crashes when using the menu Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
grokit

Crashes when using the menu

Unread post by grokit » 2017-08-09, 16:58

I just found Pale Moon and I think I like it but there is a show-stopper bug. Whenever I try to use the menu the browser crashes. I was trying to add some bookmarks so I clicked on the word 'Bookmarks'. Immediate crash. Then I tried to use keyboard shortcuts, Alt-B crashed too.

When starting palemoon from a terminal I always get the following output after a crash:

Code: Select all

###!!! ABORT: X_CreatePixmap: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation); 4 requests ago: file /usr/src/packages/BUILD/toolkit/xre/nsX11ErrorHandler.cpp, line 144
###!!! ABORT: X_CreatePixmap: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation); 4 requests ago: file /usr/src/packages/BUILD/toolkit/xre/nsX11ErrorHandler.cpp, line 144
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Browser info:
version 27.4.1~repack-1
installed from the PPA

System Info:
Ubuntu 17.04 zesty
x86_64 Linux 4.10.0-28-generic
KDE 5.31.0 / Plasma 5.9.4
Intel Core i7-6700K @ 8x 4.2GHz [47.5°C]
GeForce GTX 980 Ti (NVIDIA binary driver - version 375.66)
RAM: 32115MiB

I'd be happy to provide more information.

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Crashes when using the menu

Unread post by adesh » 2017-08-09, 18:49

That is not an issue with Pale Moon. It has something to do with running GTK apps in a Qt environment.
Please make sure you have properly set a theme (breeze) and icons for GTK apps in your KDE settings.
You may follow some advice from here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fi ... ntegration

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Crashes when using the menu

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-08-09, 19:11

Also make sure your GTK theme engines are up-to-date. Especially oxygen-GTK needs to have a version that patches a known issue with all Mozilla applications for Pale Moon.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite