'Bookmark this page' popup extends off screen - can't drag it, ignores wmcrtl and WM Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Lew Rockwell Fan

'Bookmark this page' popup extends off screen - can't drag it, ignores wmcrtl and WM

Unread post by Lew Rockwell Fan » 2017-06-18, 19:40

Low priority bug PM inherited from FFx: With large fonts, the pop-up for "Bookmark This Page" entry on the Bookmark menu extends off the screen. It's not a big deal for me - more and more I try not to use this at all, but instead to use the "Add Bookmark Here 2" extension approach and rename with "properties", but I thought somebody might want to know.

Normally I fix things like this with instructions in my window manager's config file, in this case, ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml, but I have to have way to designate the window in question. I can't get obxprop (a modified xprop) to inspect the window. When I try either the window disappears or obxprop complains "Unable to grab the pointer device".

Code: Select all

sleep 10 && wmctrl -r :SELECT: -e 0,0,0,1000,500
followed by getting popup up results in:

ERROR: Cannot grab mouse.

sleep 10 && wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -e 0,0,0,1000,500
& the same results in moving the PM main window.
Attachments
palemoon_bookmark_win.png

Lew Rockwell Fan

Re: 'Bookmark this page' popup extends off screen - can't drag it, ignores wmcrtl and WM

Unread post by Lew Rockwell Fan » 2018-04-02, 17:53

Don't know when it changed or whether the relevant change was in PM, its settings, or some other part of my system, but this is fixed for me now.