Low "devil" pitch on videos Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
redblade7

Low "devil" pitch on videos

Unread post by redblade7 » 2017-05-04, 00:45

I am having a problem where certain videos are playing at a very low "devil" pitch. I have this problem on certain videos embedded into Twitter and other places, mostly news sites. This does not affect the speed of the video, only the pitch.

Here is an example:

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/05/03 ... ournalism/

Output in a terminal shows endless messages such as these two:

[h264 @ 0x7ff2775e4000] co located POCs unavailable (<-- occasionally shows up)
[aac @ 0x7ff2775dd800] element type mismatch 1 != 0 (<-- repeated nonstop)

I've tried disabling hardware acceleration, doesn't make a difference. Unchecking MSE, MSE with MP4, and MSE with WEBM from Preferences->Content causes the video not to play at all.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Low "devil" pitch on videos

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-05-04, 01:30

It seems to all be in Twitter's court. The news site you linked to embeds a Twitter-served video.
Of note, There's nothing wrong with the pitch of that video on my Windows 7 machine, but it does get constantly interrupted (and doesn't seem to buffer properly).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

redblade7

Re: Low "devil" pitch on videos

Unread post by redblade7 » 2017-09-26, 22:17

Moonchild wrote:It seems to all be in Twitter's court. The news site you linked to embeds a Twitter-served video.
Of note, There's nothing wrong with the pitch of that video on my Windows 7 machine, but it does get constantly interrupted (and doesn't seem to buffer properly).
Preferences->Advanced->Compatibility->User Agent Mode set to "Firefox Compatibility" solves the issue. (I usually leave it as Native due to sites possibly assuming Firefox breaking, and for advocacy purposes :) )

The issue is referred to in this thread, and I used the instructions here (though with the most recent Pale Moon Firefox Compatibility user agent instead of the one in the post). And again this only happens to me with Linux (Xubuntu 64-bit), not a Windows 10 computer with the near same hardware. So I can use "Native" normally, with the Twitter exception.