Modal dialogs not always modal

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
askfor

Modal dialogs not always modal

Unread post by askfor » 2017-04-22, 15:23

This is something that is difficult to reproduce. Sometimes some modal dialogs are not modal, but one that is next in sequence pops up in parallel. It does not happen often. I've noticed it in "Save File" and when saving from Flashgot extension dialog.

askfor

Re: Modal dialogs not always modal

Unread post by askfor » 2017-04-24, 17:48

I think this is related and it happens all the time. When I try to watch videos on this site:

http://www.scout.com/military/warrior

I can't watch them full screen. There is a dialog which asks if I am willing to allow videos from that site in full screen mode. It appears that "No" is assumed and video reverts to smaller frame. Video plays normally inside the frame. Generally, I have no problems with full screen videos in Pale Moon.

GMforker

Unread post by GMforker » 2017-04-24, 18:59

See (in Browser Console):
1.png

askfor

Unread post by askfor » 2017-04-25, 00:05

I am not quite sure what it means. However, those videos work in Seamonkey, Opera and Vivaldi.

GMforker

Unread post by GMforker » 2017-04-25, 05:45

askfor wrote:I am not quite sure what it means. However, those videos work in Seamonkey, Opera and Vivaldi.
Reduce the browser window size. Use half of the screen or less.

For me:
Firefox / SeaMonkey (latest nightly version) - some problem, some information in Browser Console
Vivaldi - some problem

askfor

Unread post by askfor » 2017-04-25, 20:51

I am using Seamonkey 2.46 with some patches from Slackware Repository, latest Vivaldi from their site, Opera 44.something and Pale Moon 27.2. I have no problems with site mentioned except in Pale Moon. I am under impression that there is some sort of bug which is difficult to reproduce. There are sites which work most of the time. Sometimes browser stops loading. Closing browser, starting again and site is loaded correctly. The only consistent problem is the site I mentioned. Don't know about Firefox, dumped it recently.

At this point, the browser which works the best for me is Seamonkey with Sea fox extension (Firefox 3.x look). Rendering speed isn't greatest of all, but overall memory footprint is relatively small and reliability is excellent. However, the future is uncertain, prospects are pessimistic rather than optimistic. Firerfox is dead as far as I am concerned, dumped it when they stopped supporting ALSA. Just like I dumped Thunderbird while ago, when they wanted to enforce mail provider wizard.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-04-25, 21:04

SeaMonkey is JUST as dead.. Along with Thunderbird, Cyberfox, Waterfox and anything else that built with as-is Mozilla technology.. The whole Platform AS PROVIDED BY MOZILLA is on death row and being hacked to pieces. It is up to us now.. Mozilla, the corporation and fake foundation is irrelevant and it should be treated as such.

askfor

Unread post by askfor » 2017-04-26, 13:51

GMforker, you are right. Actually I have two computers with different screen resolutions. Opera has problems on one of them, too.

Matt A Tobin, you are right, too. I took a peek at online transcript of Seamonkey Council meetings. Generally, they are delusional, trying to act as if nothing is happening. One of them mentioned something that caught my attention. He/she said something about automatic conversion of Firefox extension to make them work on Seamonkey. Is that really possible ? Could something like that be possible for Pale Moon ?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-04-26, 14:12

While this is getting off topic.. Automatic conversions are not possible because the platform between Pale Moon and Firefox isn't identical. So a conversion routine merely accounting for various UI changes especially in a post-Australis world simply isn't something that can be done. There is no way to automagically determine what changes would be required.

This has been discussed elsewhere.

askfor

Unread post by askfor » 2017-05-08, 21:21

Installed 27.3. No problems with full screen videos. same computer, same site.