cors error with amazon checkout _only_ on PM

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
133794m3r

cors error with amazon checkout _only_ on PM

Unread post by 133794m3r » 2017-04-05, 03:01

Code: Select all

Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated.  Use defaultPrevented instead. jquery-164-20131028._CB354217491_.js:86:0
Use of getAttributeNode() is deprecated. Use getAttribute() instead. jquery-164-20131028._CB354217491_.js:72:0
Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://fls-na.amazon.com/1/batch/1/OE/. (Reason: CORS request failed).
Same addons on both firefox ESR and palemoon same settings moreorless(only maybe differetn script allowing).

I should say the only real difference is encrypted web on PM 27.2.1 and httpseverywhere on firefox. With disabling that addon I get the new message.
SyntaxError: 09 is not a legal ECMA-262 octal constant

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: cors error with amazon checkout _only_ on PM

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-04-05, 10:24

I don't think the listed bug applies. That behavior was introduced in Firefox 44. Pale Moon doesn't use any special security flags on the channel when sending a beacon.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

GMforker

Unread post by GMforker » 2017-04-05, 10:40

Moonchild wrote:I don't think the listed bug applies. That behavior was introduced in Firefox 44. Pale Moon doesn't use any special security flags on the channel when sending a beacon.
bug #1280692 -> AFAIK

But this pair (last bad, first good) is valid -> IMHO (I did not examine in detail).

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-04-05, 11:58

It may be valid for Mozilla, but not because of that bug since it doesn't apply to us. I say again: we don't pass any special load flags when sending a beacon.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

GMforker

Unread post by GMforker » 2017-04-05, 14:32

My suggestion then is as follows: #1004

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-04-05, 15:02

GMforker wrote:My suggestion then is as follows: #1004
In what way is this better? It would still not prevent an issue (I assume this is an issue checking out, and not just someone looking at the console and reporting an error seen...)

GMforker

Unread post by GMforker » 2017-04-05, 18:04

You're right, I leave it to you :-)

133794m3r

Unread post by 133794m3r » 2017-04-05, 23:31

it literally just hapened when I reported the issue the last time I ordered from amazon (2 days prior) checkout was fine. It doesn't tell you any updated information so _as long_ as you don't change _anything_ at all. As in don't change payment method or shipping address you're able to checkout but otherwise it'll show up blank stuff and do the error. I only checked the console trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

firefox ESR on debian is as follows.
so if PM is using a newer codebase than that, that may be it, or amazon's doing some weird thing with their code. Which I wouldn't put past them.