sec_error_invalid_key Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
eson57

sec_error_invalid_key

Unread post by eson57 » 2017-03-12, 14:26

I get Error: sec_error_invalid_key at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AddingMimeTypes.
The link works fine with other browsers, like Firefox 52.0 ESR (64-bit).

I run Pale Moon 27.1.2 (64-bit) on Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: sec_error_invalid_key

Unread post by ron_1 » 2017-03-12, 15:35

I get to the page just fine. Did you make any adjustments in about:config?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-03-12, 16:16

Are you using https filtering software? "invalid key" means that the key exchange resulted in an unacceptable security level and was as such refused.
(RSA key exchange with particularly small keys is not allowed -- they should be at least 2048-bits)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

eson57

Unread post by eson57 » 2017-03-12, 16:57

Moonchild wrote:Are you using https filtering software? "invalid key" means that the key exchange resulted in an unacceptable security level and was as such refused.
(RSA key exchange with particularly small keys is not allowed -- they should be at least 2048-bits)
Not that I know of! And I've never had this problem on any other site, or this one, before.
helloimustbegoing wrote:I get to the page just fine. Did you make any adjustments in about:config?
None that affects this issue. Reset didn't help. Safe mode also didn't help.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-03-12, 17:42

eson57 wrote:None that affects this issue.
Are you sure? ;)

I checked the website's security and it's perfectly fine - as far as cypher suites and key strengths is concerned they are doing a good job, in fact they are extremely accessible.

It would help to see what preferences have changed and your general operating environment, so please post your Help -> Troubleshooting information here (copy as text)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

eson57

Unread post by eson57 » 2017-03-12, 18:10

Moonchild wrote:Are you sure? ;)
Yes, as stated, reset didn't help.
It would help to see what preferences have changed and your general operating environment, so please post your Help -> Troubleshooting information here (copy as text)
Well, there's another thing that don't work. Can't copy at all, at Troubleshooting information. Nothing happens on buttons, so here's manual copy.

Code: Select all

accessibility.typeaheadfind	true
browser.cache.disk.capacity	358400
browser.cache.disk.smart_size.first_run	false
browser.cache.disk.smart_size.use_old_max	false
browser.download.importedFromSqlite	true
browser.newtab.url	chrome://sstart/content/sstart.html
browser.places.smartBookmarksVersion	4
browser.search.context.loadInBackground	false
browser.search.suggest.enabled	false
browser.search.update	false
browser.search.useDBForOrder	true
browser.startup.homepage	chrome://sstart/content/sstart.html
browser.startup.homepage_override.buildID	20170303235154
browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone	3.1.0
browser.tabs.onTop	true
browser.tabs.warnOnClose	false
browser.tabs.warnOnCloseOtherTabs	false
browser.urlbar.suggest.openpage	false
extensions.lastAppVersion	27.1.2
general.useragent.locale	sv-SE
media.peerconnection.enabled	false
network.cookie.cookieBehavior	1
network.cookie.prefsMigrated	true
network.http.speculative-parallel-limit	0
places.history.expiration.transient_current_max_pages	104858
plugin.importedState	true
plugin.state.java	0
privacy.cpd.cookies	false
privacy.cpd.offlineApps	true
privacy.sanitize.migrateFx3Prefs	true
security.disable_button.openDeviceManager	false

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2017-03-12, 18:44

Regarding "filtering software": some anti-virus programs (i.e., Avast) filter https traffic. What AV are you using, and are you absolutely sure it's not filtering https?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-03-12, 19:23

Indeed, none of the listed prefs should cause this behavior, but certainly something is going on that influences your network traffic.

Check if you have any proxies in use (filtering software may set up a system proxy -- see if setting it to "no proxy" helps).

eson57

Unread post by eson57 » 2017-03-12, 19:29

helloimustbegoing wrote:Regarding "filtering software": some anti-virus programs (i.e., Avast) filter https traffic. What AV are you using, and are you absolutely sure it's not filtering https?
I don't use AV, unless I should clean/check some remote Windows machine. I run Linux.

Anyway, thanks guys for trying to help. I solved this issue by clean reinstall of Pale Moon, and now it works. I have no idea what happened, but issues like this is just to time consuming, so reinstall usually is the fastest way to go! Thanks for your help, again.

Btw, copying Troubleshooting information by buttons, still don't work. ;)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-03-12, 19:43

eson57 wrote:Btw, copying Troubleshooting information by buttons, still don't work.
Known issue for builds that don't include the updater (Linux doesn't so would be affected) -- will be solved in the next release, Issue #911

eson57

Unread post by eson57 » 2017-03-12, 19:56

Moonchild wrote: Known issue for builds that don't include the updater (Linux doesn't so would be affected) -- will be solved in the next release, Issue #911
Ok, thanks!

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2017-03-13, 02:28

Off-topic:
eson57 wrote:
I don't use AV, unless I should clean/check some remote Windows machine. I run Linux.
Me too. :thumbup:
I really should take note which board I'm in when replying. :)