Login rendering to Aliexpres Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Franjo124

Login rendering to Aliexpres

Unread post by Franjo124 » 2017-02-23, 16:37

Hi
Im using PaleMoon on Ubuntu 16.04. When I try to login to Aliexpress account, PM doesn't render login window. :(
When I repeat the same procedure in Windows 7 (64) I see and can fill in login fields - UN/PW. :?:
On both OS-es is PM 27.1.1

Regards
Attachments
AliExpressUbuntu1.png
AliExpressUbuntu2.png
AliExpressWindows.png

Franjo124

Re: Login rendering to Aliexpres

Unread post by Franjo124 » 2017-03-22, 08:21

Upgrade to PM 27.2 didn't solve the isue. :cry:

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-03-22, 11:57

Identical PM settings and extensions on both OS's ? (Original post seems to assume this.)
Have you tried safe mode and new profile? If not, please do so.

MichaelAtOz
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by MichaelAtOz » 2017-08-18, 02:58

I'm new here - I'm hoping it is usual to keep related topics in one (this) thread, rather than a new one?

I'm having this issue on Windows. W7/64, PM 27.4.1 (64-bit).
aliexpress login.PNG
The aliexpress.com login details pane is an iframe, it is blank.

Code: Select all

<iframe id="alibaba-login-box" width="250" height="200" frameborder="none" src="https://passport.aliexpress.com/mini_login.htm?lang=en_us&ap…alse&notKeepLogin=true&isMobile=false&rnd=0.9668567458101985" scrolling="no" style="border: medium none;">

#document
        <html>
            <head></head>
            <body></body>
        </html>
    </html>

</iframe>
It's working on Firefox.
Anything I can to to help diagnose this? (I'm fairly fluent)

I'm trying to migrate away from Firefox, but such little things keep getting in the way...

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-08-18, 07:34

This is obviously some server-side decision-making going on here, considering the frame is blank.
First step is always to ask the website operators for assistance in that case; it may be some misguided security doing useragent sniffing and not recognizing Pale Moon's useragent as "valid", or somesuch.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

MichaelAtOz
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by MichaelAtOz » 2017-08-27, 02:52

I was using the palemoon 'firefox compatible' user agent option.
I installed a custom user agent add-on.
I copied the user agent used by firefox (from tools/network trace).
Still has a problem.
I found:

Load denied by X-Frame-Options: https://passport.aliexpress.com/mini_login.htm?lang=en_us&appName=aebuyer&appEntrance=default&styleType=auto&bizParams=&notLoadSsoView=false&notKeepLogin=true&isMobile=false&rnd=0.766469118494685 does not permit cross-origin framing.
I looked at the response headers.

Field              Firefox          Pale Moon
X-Firefox-Spdy         h2                 h2-16
X-Frame-Options      <absent>       SAMEORIGIN
(I just left the above for info - I found the cause)

I then looked at the Request header, I noticed Pale Moon did not have a refered.
So I tried various Advanced Options/Security/Privacy settings.

This site needed Cross-Origin referrer policy: Always send,
and Send on clicks and images.

It would not work with Send on clicks, only...if that is intentional on the site end it is pretty poor from a privacy perspective...

So after loggin on, I then set it to just Send Click, then add to cart failed to work, so I suspect that is intentional.

I'd be good to work out a way to spoof that to protect privacy....

Anyway, main problem fixed.

p.s. changed user agent back to default and it still works...