Foreign Character inconsistent rendering

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Tomtiger
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Foreign Character inconsistent rendering

Unread post by Tomtiger » 2017-02-22, 13:37

Hi,

after updating PM on my notebook from 26.x to 27.x last week I find a strange behaviour at least on one site.

That is http://news.orf.at/ , the page of the Austrian radio and TV network. When I read one of the news stories or weather reports sometimes the character "Ö" is represented as "O". When I scroll up or down, so that the character moves out of the screen, then scroll back that it appears on screen again, it is displayed correctly (sometimes it must be done several times).

I found that only on that page, but the "Ö" is rare in everyday use. It appears in the name of most political parties, so news will have them appear sometimes 20 times in a short story. Therefore this behaviour may just pop up here much more often.

I also found - that happened also in firefox - when I type some text like here, it happens from time to time, that the line before the last line disappears and again when I scroll that area of text out of sight (or switch to another workplace) then into sight again, the "hidden" text appears again.

That happened on my notebook with old Intel video chip, an the desktops with AMD video and catalyst driver (do not know about the open source radeon, can test this).

That happens on Linux Mint 17.x, 18.x and Ubuntu 12.04, all use some version of the Mate desktop.

It is no "show stopper" just strange, and the "Ö" character thing is new.

Thanks Tom