Soundcloud not working Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Agent Orange

Soundcloud not working

Unread post by Agent Orange » 2017-01-06, 22:25

Cannot get any songs on Soundcloud to play at all.

It just sits there with the ellipsis fading in and out over the Play button.

Enabling/disabling ABL doesn't fix it.

https://soundcloud.com/pinkomega/medicine-beat

27.0.3 (x64)
Mint 18 XFCE

MP3s play fine in the browser—just not on that website.

kizo07

Re: Soundcloud not working

Unread post by kizo07 » 2017-01-06, 23:41

Agent Orange wrote:Cannot get any songs on Soundcloud
I'm not familiar with Linux (your link works fine here on win).
Have you tried to enable MSE? Options -> Content

btw you are on 'Browser development-Bug reports'

themew

Unread post by themew » 2017-01-07, 00:35

It's something with your Mint install. I went to the link you provided in Manjaro (x64) and Soundcloud played the song immediately upon resolving the page with ABL on. Also was able to go back and forth in the song as well.

The page also operated correctly with the orange indicator on top and the functional player at the bottom of the screen.

Pale Moon 27.0.3 (x64)
Manjaro 16.10.3 (XFCE)

Agent Orange

Unread post by Agent Orange » 2017-01-07, 20:00

kizo07 wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:Cannot get any songs on Soundcloud
I'm not familiar with Linux (your link works fine here on win).
Have you tried to enable MSE? Options -> Content

btw you are on 'Browser development-Bug reports'
Hmm, just tried it with a clean profile and it DOES work. :?
themew wrote:It's something with your Mint install. I went to the link you provided in Manjaro (x64) and Soundcloud played the song immediately upon resolving the page with ABL on. Also was able to go back and forth in the song as well.

The page also operated correctly with the orange indicator on top and the functional player at the bottom of the screen.

Pale Moon 27.0.3 (x64)
Manjaro 16.10.3 (XFCE)
In the GUI, I had MSE enabled—but I also had media.mediasource.enabled overridden to True in about:config.

I just tested, and soundcloud only seems to work with media.mediasource.enabled=False. So I guess that fixes it.