Safe Mode not removing Persona

The place to report Pale Moon specific bugs on Linux and other operating systems.

Moderator: satrow

gracious1
Astronaut
Astronaut

Safe Mode not removing Persona

Postby gracious1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:15 am

Restarted PM 27.4.1 in Safe Mode. All extensions disabled, EXCEPT for a persona (lightweight theme) that persists despite being in Safe Mode.

All add-ons disabled...

All themes disabled, except for the one that isn't...
ImageBe not the first by whom the new are tried, nor yet the last to lay the old aside.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Safe Mode not removing Persona

Postby Moonchild » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:36 am

Lightweight themes are just toolbar backgrounds... In what way do you expect this to be a problem that you want to work around with Safe Mode?
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

gracious1
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Safe Mode not removing Persona

Postby gracious1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:57 am

Well, I just assumed that Safe Mood would disable the persona. If it says "all extensions disabled", then that sounds like it would include everything, including personas. I was really surprised to find that it didn't do this. I wouldn''t know what to anticipate if the persona continues to run.

But now the Add-ons Manager has stopped showing the correct them in normal mode.

I created test profile FOOBAR with Persona Switcher and some personas and some full themes added. Selected Noia Moon theme with Happy Clouds persona. Restarted PM in Safe Mode. Happy Clouds persona persisted. Deleted Persona Switcher. Restarted and in Safe Mode dialog selected "Reset all user preferences to Pale Moon defaults".

Now PM is clearly using the default theme. However, the Add-ons Manager believes that the "active" theme is Noia Moon.

ImageBe not the first by whom the new are tried, nor yet the last to lay the old aside.

Return to “Bug reports (Linux & other)”