Is PaleMoon "Tycho" Related?

This board is for discussions, bug reports, etc. for pre-releases of the v27 milestone codenamed "Tycho".

Since the beta phase is over, this board is closed for new posts/topics.
Shadeclan

Is PaleMoon "Tycho" Related?

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2016-10-28, 13:33

Just a quick question - is "Tycho" development related in any way to the discussion Ideas for a New Browser Product?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Is PaleMoon "Tycho" Related?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-10-28, 15:04

Very much so. That discussion was the initial discussion to check the community's response and openly evaluate the route we have been taking.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2016-10-28, 15:10

Excellent! I'll be grabbing it, presently!

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2016-10-28, 15:37

Any easy way to import add-ons from my current version of PaleMoon?

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2016-10-28, 15:51

Shadeclan wrote:Any easy way to import add-ons from my current version of PaleMoon?
Never mind - found it.

Using PaleMoon Portable:
* Moved my stable PaleMoon profile into the %app%\User\PaleMoon\Profiles folder.
* Changed the PaleMoon-Portable.ini [Setup] "Profile" key to point to my profile.
* Started PaleMoon Tycho. Got a bunch of tabs informing me that my add-ons wanted to alter PaleMoon - answered yes to each and restarted.

I was unable to direct PaleMoon to the folder where my profiles usually reside. I may try again, using quotes around the path to see what effect that has.

As I use add-ons extensively and as I have a wide range of them, I'll give you an idea of how they fare with PaleMoon. I realize that you won't be changing anything if an add-on fails but I think it'll be good information for users.

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2016-10-28, 15:55

Shadeclan wrote: ... I was unable to direct PaleMoon to the folder where my profiles usually reside. I may try again, using quotes around the path to see what effect that has.
No effect. Oh well.

mgagnonlv
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by mgagnonlv » 2016-10-28, 21:27

I find the easiest is to import the entire profile from your existing version to the new one. It works upwards (from v26 to 27) but not necessary downwards.

With both versions of Pale Moon closed, copy your current (v26) profile from Pale Moon into the profile of Pale Moon Portable (replace what was the portable profile).

– Pale Moon 26 non-portable profile is in %app%\User\PaleMoon\Profiles folder\whateverletters.default
– Pale Moon portable profile is in ...\PaleMoonPortable\User\Palemoon\Profiles
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada)