NoText

This board is for discussions, bug reports, etc. for pre-releases of the v27 milestone codenamed "Tycho".

Since the beta phase is over, this board is closed for new posts/topics.
PriseDeFer

NoText

Unread post by PriseDeFer » 2016-10-27, 11:49

Just got no letters in the PM 64 bit Beta 2 and now Beta 3. OS is Vista Home Premium 64 bit. The 32 bit Beta's run just fine.
Does this mean Vista has become the red headed stepchild and I'll have to move to the room under the stairs?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: NoText

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-10-27, 12:06

Well, you get letters but they are all squished together.
Definitely an odd thing to happen, especially if it's only on x64. Can you please include basic information about your setup, include the help -> troubleshooting information info (copy as TEXT), and check whether disabling hardware acceleration fixes your issue?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

PriseDeFer

Unread post by PriseDeFer » 2016-10-29, 13:07

Thanks for your reply. I gave it another shot and got Pale Moon 27.0.0b3 (x64) (2016-10-25) running. It's a portable and I went to the BIN directory and started the Palemoon.exe there in Safe mode Reset to Defaults, I got good text so I could de-select hardware acceleration. I closed it and restarted in regular mode and voila. Bypassing Palemoon-Portable.exe seems to have been the key. I will try the installer version next.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-10-31, 16:14

If you didn't use the portable .exe then you inherently used a different profile (using palemoon.exe uses the non-portable profile location in your application data folder). So it's something specific to your profile in the portable setup, or something on your system (like antivirus) interfering with the portable...
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite