Forthcoming Changes to the UI

This board is for discussions, bug reports, etc. for pre-releases of the v27 milestone codenamed "Tycho".

Since the beta phase is over, this board is closed for new posts/topics.
JodyThornton

Forthcoming Changes to the UI

Unread post by JodyThornton » 2016-10-24, 18:07

Hey Moonchild. Allow me to start by quoting you on your announcement from today:
We'll be building on a new toolkit, which requires some changes to how certain common features are handled. Although as a user you may not directly notice this, there are some subtle changes in the UI, and if you are a heavy preference-tweaker, you should consider resetting all your preferences to Pale Moon defaults, as your previous tweaks may be (very) detrimental to the new code.
So what sort of UI tweaks would be be speaking of? As far as I know, I have:
  • Created a UsrChrome.css file to eliminate that bold-text title from the tile bar.
    Added the FoxE9 extension to allow an IE9 appearance
    Added a "Downloads Window" add-on to recreate the classic download window.
    Altered the media.foundation prefs so that clicking an audio file links pops up a download window, instead of an HTML5 player widget
    I set my nglayout.inital.paintdelay to 750, so that more of the page has been downloaded and then rendered at once.
I think that's it. Would any of these items qualify for concern on your part?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Forthcoming Changes to the UI

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-10-24, 20:33

I'd say only the IE9 appearance thing -- I'm not familiar with it though so i don't know what exactly it does.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

JodyThornton

Unread post by JodyThornton » 2016-10-24, 21:03

Thanks for the feedback on this, and on the other Tycho changes in the other two threads. Very much appreciated.

Walter Dnes
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Walter Dnes » 2016-10-24, 21:05

I go into View ==> Toolbars ==> Customize and set up for maximum usable screen space for content. Here's a snap of the top of my browser window. Would this be problematic? If so, which of the *.sqlite files (in linux) should I delete?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's a right way
There's a wrong way
And then there's my way

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-10-24, 21:27

it shouldn't be an issue to customize it like that in v27. I did say subtle changes to the UI. Our customizability will remain extremely flexible as you're used to.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite