PaleMoon27beta2_32-bit & Fire IE not working

This board is for discussions, bug reports, etc. for pre-releases of the v27 milestone codenamed "Tycho".

Since the beta phase is over, this board is closed for new posts/topics.
moonseeker

PaleMoon27beta2_32-bit & Fire IE not working

Unread post by moonseeker » 2016-10-14, 03:27

32-bit Pale Moon 27 beta2 and the add-on Fire IE doesn't work, gives an error that can't load Fire IE DLL. Pale Moon 27 beta2 64-bit works fine with Fire IE.
I was running 32-bit Pale Moon beta1 and Fire IE and it works fine. Anyone else having problem with Fire IE and 32-bit Pale Moon 27 beta2 ?

megaman

Re: PaleMoon27beta2_32-bit & Fire IE not working

Unread post by megaman » 2016-10-14, 05:01

Okay, Clean Profile and I tried FireIE in my X32 version of Pale Moon 27 Beta 2.
It works fine.
The only problem I have is that it renders the page funny when I use "Compatible" Mode, all stock settings.
https://i.gyazo.com/6cb434299749cdd30fe ... acf231.png

moonseeker

Unread post by moonseeker » 2016-10-14, 23:26

Hi, Thank you.....
Did a start over clean install / new profile and still can't get it to work. The DLL can't load, the Fire IE will load, just not the DLL part, so Compatible Mode won't work... just gives a blank page.

moonseeker

Unread post by moonseeker » 2016-10-15, 00:00

Ok... after on the 4th re-install of Pale Moon 32-bit.... I finally have Fire IE working and the DLL loads and Compatible Mode is working now. Not sure what the problem was, it just started working after the 4th time trying. Also the renders of this page here when I use Compatible Mode draws up/lays out correctly, no problem here with that one.
Thanks again for your help!! :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-10-15, 00:03

Maybe you had antivirus or similar interfering. If the browser got quarantined, it may not have had access to the .dll.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

moonseeker

Unread post by moonseeker » 2016-10-17, 00:21

I was thinking the same so turned off Avast and reinstalled but still the same problem but maybe it did something before hand. I did have a problem with Avast moving the plugin-container.exe file to virus chest, and wouldn't let any videos play because of the plugin-container being quarantined. Everything is still working fine now. Thanks