Re Known Issue and Non-Default Themes

This board is for discussions, bug reports, etc. for pre-releases of the v27 milestone codenamed "Tycho".

Since the beta phase is over, this board is closed for new posts/topics.
Corrine
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Re Known Issue and Non-Default Themes

Unread post by Corrine » 2016-10-08, 20:36

It wasn't specified in "known issues" what issues may be caused when using non-default themes. In the event it isn't a know, reporting that there is no address bar when using a non-default theme. Tested with both LittleMoon 1.3.0 and MicroFox 2.0.33.

I am grateful that the issues with Outlook.com are fixed in this version. It was barely usable until I installed the beta. Love Pale Moon!

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

megaman

Re: Re Known Issue and Non-Default Themes

Unread post by megaman » 2016-10-08, 22:16

Corrine wrote:It wasn't specified in "known issues" what issues may be caused when using non-default themes. In the event it isn't a know, reporting that there is no address bar when using a non-default theme.
Changes in code = Changes in compatibilities. The devs can fill you in.
Our awesome Theme developer will fix the themes. I'm still waiting for Dark Theme to be available.
Many reports in this section, if you check around.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-10-08, 22:32

Corrine:

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=13269#p93981

It's listed that non-default themes are problematic.
Of course the known issues on the actual website apply to the release versions, not to the alpha/beta.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2016-10-08, 22:52

Moonchild wrote:Of course the known issues on the actual website apply to the release versions, not to the alpha/beta.
To me, it sounded like the user wanted a detailed explanation, thus why I mentioned better to have you guys explain. I was itching to share the Beta link, but it just states a general explanation.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-10-08, 22:58

Here is your detailed explanation. Stuff is changing thus themes need updated.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-10-08, 22:58

Releases that fix these issues on themes are coming closer and closer. I'm hoping to push them all out at once in a couple days or so.

Issues from Beta 1 include:

- shadowing of address bar
- no icons for statusbar items (e.g. download status icon, status bar options button)
- broken developer tools
- the "no downloads for this session" label permanently staying on the downloads panel
- items in the about: page not displaying correctly

You will also find that LittleMoon, MicroMoon and Nauticalia have no address bar; this will also be fixed.

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Unread post by satrow » 2016-10-08, 23:00

I think Corrine was giving the specific issue seen (no address bar) when using those particular Add-ons, going that little way further than the generic 'Using non-default themes may cause issues... ' for those themes?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-10-09, 00:03

satrow wrote:I think Corrine was giving the specific issue seen (no address bar) when using those particular Add-ons, going that little way further than the generic 'Using non-default themes may cause issues... ' for those themes?
"may cause issues" includes navigation elements not being accessible. I didn't say "may cause minor cosmetic issues", after all. Complete themes are more than just a toolbar background, after all.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Corrine
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Corrine » 2016-10-09, 19:16

Apologies, it is as Satrow posted. I did not know what "may cause issues" referred to so merely posted what I experienced in the event the theme developers had not received that information. No harm, no foul. :)

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-10-09, 19:30

In any event the themes have been updated to fix these issues. :)