No Resource URI Leak

This board is for discussions, bug reports, etc. for pre-releases of the v27 milestone codenamed "Tycho".

Since the beta phase is over, this board is closed for new posts/topics.
hoflaan

No Resource URI Leak

Unread post by hoflaan » 2016-10-07, 17:37

As of PM 27, Jetpack style extensions are no longer supported. I have no problem with that, but one of the Jetpack/SDK addons is No Source URI Leak, that fixes a privacy bug in PM (and Firefox). This means that the bug is back when using PM 27. Are there plans to fix the bug in PM27/Goanna or is there another solution to fill the hole?

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: No Resource URI Leak

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-10-07, 18:12

This isn't a bug in the software. You won't find much more out than if a script parsed the User Agent or searched our defaults in the source code repo.. Your user preferences (the ones that aren't default) are never exposed neither is any profile data of any kind.

I don't get why this is a thing people care about. Also, there are other threads relating to this.. Please find them.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-10-07, 18:20

Welcome to the forum, hoflaan.

The addon need a update and i report that to the addon devs.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-10-07, 18:27

The extension is jetpack.. It would need rewritten. Additionally, a scripted reply in broken English isn't very helpful.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-10-09, 00:08

In addition, the resource "leak" has been clearly discussed before and it's not leaking any private information, which makes this add-on at most a "would be nice if it worked".
Furthermore, the extension causes additional issues by blocking too much.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite