[Beta1] Can't get "currentset" from browser.xul#nav-bar Topic is solved

This board is for discussions, bug reports, etc. for pre-releases of the v27 milestone codenamed "Tycho".

Since the beta phase is over, this board is closed for new posts/topics.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: [Beta1] Can't get "currentset" from browser.xul#nav-bar

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-10-06, 15:25

OK... a wild goose chase?
I just plugged firebug into a2 and it returns null as well.

Please indicate the last version it worked in if not a2, so we have the correct changelog to look at.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-10-06, 15:33

I just made a test in alpha2 on clean profile and got null too, but in alpha2 with profile imported from 26.x all works good :crazy:
I am sorry that mislead you, but it's going clean and strange at the same time.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-10-06, 15:57

This is pure fallout of bug #559505.. Deprecation of localstore.rdf for xulstore.json.

tl;dr The code never actually succeeded on Tycho unless the profile (or just localstore.rdf) was migrated from current release.. Tycho does not write to this file (but it is still required in a few places and of course for migration).. Since the file for new profiles created purely in tycho is rather blank save for being a valid rdf file then the code in question falls over cause what it expects in the file doesn't exist but in the case of a migrated or modified localstore.rdf the code works because it exists.

The developer has worked around the issue and will be releasing a revised version for Tycho and as a consequence.. Newer Firefox.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-10-06, 16:02

Thank you Matt! I got a lot of useful experience while resolving this issue @irc chat.