Tycho alpha/beta

This board is for discussions, bug reports, etc. for pre-releases of the v27 milestone codenamed "Tycho".

Since the beta phase is over, this board is closed for new posts/topics.
wolfrun

Tycho alpha/beta

Unread post by wolfrun » 2016-09-13, 18:21

Have been testing Tycho 27.0.0a1 with uBlock0 and uMatrix as the only extensions and so far it has performed flawlessly here. All of the videos played in HTLM5 format work great without a hickcup in ESPN sports, Yahoo, CNN etc. etc.. My system is Win 7 64 bit. I have to say that it works better on my system than than Goanna 26.4.1 version of which I have say that in ESPN sports that only the sound and not the video now plays, strange, as everthing worked well in earlier versions. So, for now I will be sticking Tycho as I'm well satisfied with it. Good job.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Tycho alpha/beta

Unread post by ron_1 » 2016-09-14, 01:24

wolfrun wrote:
Have been testing Tycho 27.0.0a1 . . .
There has been an alpha version 2 out for quite a while now.

wolfrun

Unread post by wolfrun » 2016-09-14, 03:37

helloimustbegoing wrote:
wolfrun wrote:
Have been testing Tycho 27.0.0a1 . . .
There has been an alpha version 2 out for quite a while now.
On alpha version 2 now. Forgot that there isn't a notifier and have to manually install and update.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-09-14, 03:55

Yeah, we are working on that.. Know that wicked awesome red or blood moon branding we have used on occasion? Yeah, expect that to make a return.

wolfrun

Unread post by wolfrun » 2016-09-14, 14:07

Matt A Tobin wrote:Yeah, we are working on that.. Know that wicked awesome red or blood moon branding we have used on occasion? Yeah, expect that to make a return.
Good to hear. Also like to add that am running Alpha 2 in Sandboxie and also using MBAE shield as well. Had to drop uMatrix as it was a problem with Alpha 2 in Sandboxie so I switched to just uBlock0 with dynamic filter and it works ok. Out of Sandboxie, uMatrix runs ok. So to repcap, Alpha running in Sandboxie along with uBlock0 with dynamic filtering along with MBAE shield is running great. Looking forward to the the red planet (mars, aka., blood moon) orb and update notifier. :D

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2016-09-14, 19:11

Matt A Tobin wrote:
Yeah, we are working on that.. Know that wicked awesome red or blood moon branding we have used on occasion? Yeah, expect that to make a return.
Should this be interpreted to mean that Tycho is ready to advance to beta status?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-09-14, 20:38

helloimustbegoing wrote:
Matt A Tobin wrote:
Should this be interpreted to mean that Tycho is ready to advance to beta status?
You can interpret it any way you wish. It'll be in beta when it's ready ;)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

DAOWAce

Unread post by DAOWAce » 2016-09-14, 23:46

And here I just learned about it..

That 2+ year long standing issue of "No MSE" (60 FPS youtube videos mainly) is finally being resolved.. Can finally get back to using PM exclusively again once it's out, which is going to be needed since Chrome devs went AWOL and forced DirectWrite on everyone (blurry, eye straining text rendering) and apparently v53 also changed the UI for the worse. Mozilla and Google just don't get it, do they?

Tried a2 but it had crippling issues with my old profile (UI semi broken, websites weren't rendering at all (black screen)), so I hope a beta is around the corner.. I'd probably use it as my daily driver.

Neil_Parks

Unread post by Neil_Parks » 2016-09-23, 19:26

Tried a2 but it had crippling issues with my old profile (UI semi broken, websites weren't rendering at all (black screen)), so I hope a beta is around the corner.. I'd probably use it as my daily driver.
I'm already using alpha 2 for 98 percent of my websurfing. It has fixed some crashes that I had experienced with PM26.

The only site that gives me any problem at all is YouTube.com. With the combination of Comodo Dragon (Chrome derivative) and my favorite file manager Eagleget, I can download any file. With PM27 and a couple of YouTube download extensions, I can download some files but not all.

So PM27a2 is definitely ready for primetime--or at least for Beta designation.

GreenGeek

Unread post by GreenGeek » 2016-09-23, 21:19

Now if they can just get it to replace IE on my WindowsPHONE, .... (if you think Australis is bad, try this interface).

fabrixx

Unread post by fabrixx » 2016-10-03, 20:24

Hi, I like to periodically testthe beta versions of browsers on Linux, the last race I entered Pale Moon 27 alpha2 and the results were surprising. And 'only the second time I post Pale Moon among the contenders and at this point I'm seriously thinking of replacing Firefox for personal use.
Hello to all.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-10-03, 22:44

fabrixx wrote:Hi, I like to periodically testthe beta versions of browsers on Linux, the last race I entered Pale Moon 27 alpha2 and the results were surprising. And 'only the second time I post Pale Moon among the contenders and at this point I'm seriously thinking of replacing Firefox for personal use.
Hello to all.
Actually a pleasant surprise considering benchmarking is about the last thing we look at when we design code (due to the general bias those tests have for very specific and usually not real-world computations). Unexpected for us as well, because of the overall focus of Pale Moon for its optimizations being in a balanced approach rather than a highest benchmark score or heavy compute tasks.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2016-10-04, 00:27

Off-topic:
Hi, I like to periodically testthe beta versions of browsers on Linux, the last race I entered Pale Moon 27 alpha2 and the results were surprising.
What language is this website in? I'd like to use my favorite translation website (not Google) to see what it says.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2016-10-04, 03:16

Off-topic:
helloimustbegoing wrote:
Hi, I like to periodically test the beta versions of browsers on Linux, the last race I entered Pale Moon 27 alpha2 and the results were surprising.
What language is this website in? I'd like to use my favorite translation website (not Google) to see what it says.
Italian, perhaps?
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

snertev

Unread post by snertev » 2016-10-04, 06:26

Nigaikaze wrote:
Off-topic:
helloimustbegoing wrote:
Hi, I like to periodically test the beta versions of browsers on Linux, the last race I entered Pale Moon 27 alpha2 and the results were surprising.
Italian, perhaps?
It's definitely Italian. :D

However, about tests, I've found a strong regression of Pale Moon 27 a2 compared to v. 25 in Robohornet. That isn't a surprise because FF 38 until perhaps version 42/43 was really bad in that test.

Nevertheless, Pale Moon is the fastest in loading real world pages, according to my eyes. :thumbup:

Maybe it isn't the snappiest one when a really heavy javascript website is included in your tabs, but no browser is perfect, isn't it?

fabrixx

Unread post by fabrixx » 2016-10-04, 11:37

Yes, the page is in Italian. I entered for the first time 26.2.1 stable Palemoon in five months ago test and the results were not so exceptional. The last race i introduced the jetstream more modern and updated tests and the results have amazed me. I know how all this is relative since all browsers (except Epiphany) are in development versions but it is the first time that a "new entry" achieves such great results right away (remember the Midori browser but not so well). :thumbup: