YouTube Player

This board is for discussions, bug reports, etc. for pre-releases of the v27 milestone codenamed "Tycho".

Since the beta phase is over, this board is closed for new posts/topics.
JustAnAccount

YouTube Player

Unread post by JustAnAccount » 2016-09-05, 22:58

Running Linux Mint 18 but I'm not too sure if this is specific to just Linux but whenever I move my cursor over the YouTube player the video will lag A LOT it's just whenever I move my mouse over it though, so all in all it's not that big of a deal but still a problem regardless. If more information is needed just ask and I'll try to provide it.

Edit: It actually lags when I move the mouse around the entire screen now. The program wasn't maximized so there's that.

Edit 2: Turns out it was gstreamer being dumb but once I disabled that the videos were fine but now Imgur is completely broken due to that which is a shame, none of the .gifv or .mp4 files load when hovered over or in the original posts just a bunch of blank spaces...

Thanks for your time.

Walter Dnes
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: YouTube Player

Unread post by Walter Dnes » 2016-09-06, 18:12

I've set up a couple of VMs to emulate the standard mainline build, and I ran into similar problems with videos, even with Flash. The culprit was pulseaudio, yes, audio! If you have pulseaudio, you can disable autostart, without uninstalling it. This is accomplished by editing /etc/pulse/client.conf and adding the line...

Code: Select all

autospawn = no
Then you have to reboot. Alsa will be the default sound handler. I also had to do a custom .asoundrc config file (note the leading dot) in my home directory. See attachment. On your system, the pcm may be a different number if you have multiple sound cards.Note that I had to rename it to asoundrc.txt for the forum software to accept the attachment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's a right way
There's a wrong way
And then there's my way