Block script-initiated autoplay ? Topic is solved

This board is for discussions, bug reports, etc. for pre-releases of the v27 milestone codenamed "Tycho".

Since the beta phase is over, this board is closed for new posts/topics.
coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Block script-initiated autoplay ?

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2016-07-28, 11:21

The preference: media.autoplay.allowscripted is not visible in the alpha's about:config.

Is the underlying code present? Will a back-end control to block script-initiated autoplay of media be available in v27?

GMforker

Re: Block script-initiated autoplay ?

Unread post by GMforker » 2016-07-28, 11:36

coffeebreak wrote:The preference: media.autoplay.allowscripted is not visible in the alpha's about:config.
Is the underlying code present? Will a back-end control to block script-initiated autoplay of media be available in v27?
See bug #659285

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-07-28, 11:52

@coffeebreak
We have yet to port this over to Tycho.. There are a number of things we still have to port from pm-current but rest assured they will be in due course.

We are currently focusing on getting those things that broke during the port unbusted.. Then we can get the bells and whistles transferred over. ;)

@developerofthisfork
Despite your username, you don't speak for the project and seem unfamiliar with our development practices as well as our general goals.. So quit throwing Bugzilla bug numbers at everyone like they absolutely 100% mean something...

While some Firefox bugs on Bugzilla MAY be applicable and even desired.. We already had our own implementation of this very thing in pm-current but have not ported it over to Tycho as of yet.. Also, since Firefox is permanently entrenched in refactoring hell Firefox bugs don't usually provide a clear and complete solution let alone 1:1 behavior of any particular issue.

EDIT:

Keep an eye on https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/Tycho/issues/33 and https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/Tycho/issues/22 as they are the two main tracking metabugs for Tycho I am trying to keep up to date.. As well as the commit log of course.

GMforker

Unread post by GMforker » 2016-07-28, 12:30

Matt A Tobin wrote:@developerofthisfork
Despite your username, you don't speak for the project..
If you don't like my nickname... you can rename me to "GMfork" (e.g.). I don't care...
Matt A Tobin wrote: So quit throwing Bugzilla bug numbers at everyone.. Also please stop trying to equate Pale Moon with Firefox bugs like they mean something... While some MAY be applicable and even desired..
You can ignore it.

If I broke some rule I didn't know about...

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin » 2016-07-28, 12:43

Account renamed for clarity to the community.
Did you know that moral outrage triggers the pleasure centers of the brain? It's unlikely you can actually get addicted to outrage, but there is plausible evidence that you can become strongly predisposed to it.
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p002w557/episodes/downloads - "The cooperative species" and "Behaving better online"

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2016-07-28, 13:11

@GMforker, Thank you for trying to help with the question.

@Tobin,
Thanks for such a quick response! Just glad to know it wasn't for some reason jettisoned.

And thanks also for the tracking issues. XD
Last edited by coffeebreak on 2016-07-28, 13:14, edited 1 time in total.

GMforker

Unread post by GMforker » 2016-07-28, 13:12

Admin wrote:Account renamed for clarity to the community.
Thank you 8-)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-08-05, 17:39

This change has been ported over to Tycho.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite