Sync on Android

Anything to do with the Pale Moon Sync service.
ezno8
New to the forum
New to the forum

Sync on Android

Unread post by ezno8 » 2022-04-19, 23:44

Hello,

I'd like to set up sync on my Android devices. I have the Shaman app from F-Droid, but I also have the Pale Moon TOS which says that if I want to sync with third party clients, I need to contact Moonchild to have this evaluated and to discuss compensation. So, the Pale Moon browser suggests that this forum is the way to contact Moonchild, and so here I am.

Is there an Android client that supports the weave server? I remember, vaguely, using Shaman or something like it back when Firefox used Weave, but that was a long time ago. Also, this is all personal use. Compensation for using someone else's server sounds extremely fair. What are the terms?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Sync on Android

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-04-20, 08:29

Thanks for actually reading the terms and conditions!

You should be able to use any Weave 1.0/1.1 compatible client for synchronization with the Pale Moon Sync server.
For personal use on Android, compensation isn't necessary, but if you want to offset the costs of running it, feel free to donate any amount you can to the project.
Just make sure the client doesn't do anything weird like flooding the server with requests or what not ;) -- the compensation clause is primarily for software devs who want to make use of the service in a systematic way from their software.

As for configuration, I'm afraid I can't help you with a third party client.
The URL to use to access the service is

Code: Select all

https://pmsync.palemoon.org/sync/index.php/
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

htuyar
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by htuyar » 2022-04-20, 20:18

I've been looking for a way to sync my bookmarks between Pale Moon and an Android device. Shaman is quite nice. It successfully downloaded my bookmarks from the Pale Moon sync server. I didn't see way to add new bookmarks from the mobile device though, a feature which would make the application much more useful. But it's at least a good starting point.

ezno8
New to the forum
New to the forum

Unread post by ezno8 » 2022-04-21, 10:29

Likewise, I got Shaman working. Thanks, Moonchild, for use of the server and for providing the only usable browser that works on my old PIII that I'm trying to keep out on the landfill.

FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by FranklinDM » 2022-06-15, 11:52

Shaman does have one minor problem: "annotated" passwords, or passwords for logins like HTTP Auth are not synced, at least, on my end. I noticed it earlier while looking for a specific login and finding that it wasn't synced with my mobile device.