Current sync quota, approaching

Anything to do with the Pale Moon Sync service.
Massimo_B
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Current sync quota, approaching

Unread post by Massimo_B » 2019-07-25, 05:16

Hi,

what is the current PM sync quota? I got the warning that I'm approaching the quota. Now my [x] History has 26,4MB. I tried reducing that with the PlacesCleaner 0.42.1 addon like mentioned here in the forums, cleaned all but the last 2 month, and compressed the database. But the quota dialog still shows 26,4MB for History.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Current sync quota, approaching

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-07-25, 09:07

Perform a browser restart after cleaning, then try to force a synchronization ("Sync now..."), then check your quota after it's completed.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Massimo_B
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Massimo_B » 2019-07-25, 10:50

The history quota is still unchanged. Maybe the addon is not working. Can't Palemoon itself clean the history older than 2 or 5 months?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-07-25, 11:18

The add-on is definitely working.
Pale Moon doesn't use a time-based setting for history, only a resource-based one.

It is possible that you have stale data on the sync server (e.g. from de-linked or other devices). You can solve that by performing a reset and choosing to "replace the data on the sync server with your local data". Combined with your cleaned history that should fix it. In case you re-synced history from the server in the meantime, run the history cleaner again, then immediately go to reset sync.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Massimo_B
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Massimo_B » 2019-07-26, 06:56

Thanks, that solved it.