Where are my open tabs from source computer?

Anything to do with the Pale Moon Sync service.
Leib33

Where are my open tabs from source computer?

Unread post by Leib33 » 2019-07-18, 02:43

I recently installed Pale Moon on this computer (my wife's while she's away visiting her family out of town) and synced it with my Pale Moon from my own computer. It successfully picked up my passwords and book marks, but I don't see my opened tabs or the extensions I installed on my source Pale Moon from Pale Moon's add-on site.

The extensions are no biggie, I only use a few extensions, so I can manually load them, but I'd especially like my open tabs to be synced. I had done the same with Firefox for my wife's new computer to use while travelling and had to play Sherlock Holmes to find out that my synced tabs were to be found in a drop down list instead of the normal place, but I don't see any such system employed with Pale Moon.

Sooo.... LOL, sorry for the long-windedness, but how can I see my synced tabs in Pale Moon.

Thanks for your indulgence,

Leib.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Where are my open tabs from source computer?

Unread post by therube » 2019-07-18, 05:00

(I know nothing of sync) but session date is found in the file, sessionstore.js.

yami_

Unread post by yami_ » 2019-07-18, 10:24

History > Tabs From Other Devices

Leib33

Unread post by Leib33 » 2019-07-18, 12:38

yami_ wrote:
2019-07-18, 10:24
History > Tabs From Other Devices
Now, THAT's an answer I can sink my teeth into!

I actually had just now also discovered that exact cure from someone else's question answered by Moonchild on another thread. And came back here to say so.

I use Pale Moon because of it's efficiency and low memory draw, but I spent over an hour trying to get this sorted because this very important piece of information wasn't on the "How to use" page :crazy: . Also, I would think most people are using sync so they can continue their current session should they need to move locations and don't take their computer around with them and would rather have their tabs populated in the same manner, rather than having to go to another menu drop down list. Also, the tabs in that drop down list are not in the same order as I had them on my source computer. I usually keep related tabs adjacent to each other and that History solution jumbles up my efforts.

Oh well, thanks anyway for a great browser and all the efforts here. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-07-18, 13:27

The premise behind synced tabs is that you want access to the tabs from other devices but don't want to lose what you already have (which automatic replacement would imply).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite