Keep getting 'wrong recovery key' after resetting data

Anything to do with the Pale Moon Sync service.
karlchen
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Re: Keep getting 'wrong recovery key' after resetting data

Unread post by karlchen » 2019-01-16, 16:01

Hi, Moonchild.

Keep getting the same 'wrong recover key' errors, but only on the Plaemoon instances, which have just been upgraded to version 28.3.0.
5 minutes before upgrading, the same clients still synchronized sucessfully, when they were using version 28.2.2.

Best regards,
Karl

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-01-16, 16:56

Please update all your clients to 28.3.0, then reset your recovery key.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

karlchen
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by karlchen » 2019-01-16, 17:07

Hi, Moonchild.

I had started wondering whether this might be the way to go. Thanks. Will do.
--
P.S.:
Resetting the sync recovery key and applying it seems to have solved the issue indeed. :D
Requested a new sync recovery key on my "master" system, where PaleMoon had been upgraded to 28.3.0 before, and applied it.
On 2 more systems, where Pale Moon had been upgraded to 28.3.0 as well, updated the sync recovery key to the one, got on the "master" system, and applied.
Sync seems to be back to normal operation. No more complaints about "wrong recovery key".

Regards,
Karl

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-01-16, 22:26

Glad to hear you got it solved.

Unfortunately there are some subtle differences between the sync client versions in the browser, and switching to Tycho's version (to get rid of Firefox Accounts stuff) caused a discrepancy in key handling between 28.2.* and 28.3+ -- you can't run a mix of versions as a result for this transition. This should be a one-time deal, though.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

h0w4rd
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by h0w4rd » 2019-01-26, 09:16

It didn't help me.
I'm still getting 'Wrong recovery key' everywhere. I even get this error immediately after reseting the recovery key.
(all Pale Moons upgraded to 23.8.1)

EDIT: I had to change my recovery key on my "master" Pale Moon. It didn't work with the previous one.
It seems my problem is solved. Was this change in Pale Moon necessary?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-01-28, 15:20

h0w4rd wrote:I had to change my recovery key on my "master" Pale Moon. It didn't work with the previous one.
It seems my problem is solved. Was this change in Pale Moon necessary?
Yes it was.
Sorry if it caused you issues due to mixed version woes in the transition but this change was absolutely necessary to be able to move forward.