Change Sync email

Anything to do with the Pale Moon Sync service.
360jm

Change Sync email

Unread post by 360jm » 2018-06-18, 14:12

I use Pale Moon as my default browser and I presently have 5 different Linux distros on my main machine. I like to keep my bookmarks/preferences synced.
How can I change the email listed on my sync page under Pale Moon Preferences? I cancelled that email over a year ago.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Change Sync email

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-06-18, 17:32

You can't because your e-mail address is your unique identifier for Sync. You'll have to unlink all your browsers and create a new sync account, then re-link.
Your old data will automatically be purged in a maintenance window down the road, so don't worry about leaving that on the server.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

360jm

Unread post by 360jm » 2018-06-18, 22:48

"so don't worry about leaving that on the server"
Can I assume that's the old email I wanted to delete? I sure don't want to mess around changing 12 instances of PM on 2 computers!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-06-18, 23:51

I was talking about the data from your current (old) account. I was saying that it will be automatically removed when not used.

And I'm sorry but it's the only way. As said your e-mail is a unique identifier for the account, it can't be changed without creating a new account.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite