Sync "Unknown error" for ~3 hours

Anything to do with the Pale Moon Sync service.
lihatt

Sync "Unknown error" for ~3 hours

Unread post by lihatt » 2018-03-06, 01:19

I've been getting an "Unknown error" message from Sync for around 3 hours now (don't know how much longer it might have been before that, since I've got it since starting my browser for the first time today). Status page says the server is up.

Also -- I don't remember this happening with Sync problems before so I am not sure if it is (or can be) related, but thought I would mention it since it began simultaneously with the Sync error -- Pale Moon is also not letting me add, edit, or delete bookmarks or even display the contents of the Library. I just get the blank window framework:
library.png
The bookmarks are still there, as I can see them in the menu or the Bookmarks Toolbar, but I can't interact with them (other than to open them) or see them in Library. I tried restarting without the one addon I have that deals with bookmarks, but that didn't have any effect. (Curiously this also seems to be having the side effect that I don't get history suggestions when I type partial addresses in the URL bar.)

ETA, 9:24 PM local time: Still going on, so about 7 hours now.
Last edited by lihatt on 2018-03-06, 05:25, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Sync "Unknown error" for ~3 hours

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-03-06, 08:22

Please update Pale Moon to 27.8.1 - you may have run into TLS instability due to NSS in 27.8.0. The Sync server itself is fully operational without issues.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

lihatt

Re: Sync "Unknown error" for ~3 hours

Unread post by lihatt » 2018-03-07, 05:53

That appears to have fixed it. Thanks. (I was on 27.8.0.)