sync server

Anything to do with the Pale Moon Sync service.
thosrtanner
Lunatic
Lunatic

sync server

Unread post by thosrtanner » 2018-01-20, 13:02

I am getting continual 'Unknown error' messages from sync today, but the server status button brings up a page saying everything is ok

kbhasi

Re: sync server

Unread post by kbhasi » 2018-01-20, 13:44

For me, I just get an error that reads "Server incorrectly configured".
[✕] Sync encountered an error while synchronising: Server incorrectly configured. Sync will automatically retry this action. [Preferences...]

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-01-21, 12:32

The sync server encountered a lot of I/O errors on Saturday. Potentially an issue with it being on a shared node and seeing abuse.
There's very little we can do about such sudden issues, especially if they are of a temporary nature. Some extra maintenance was performed to try and alleviate the problem but iowait remains higher than normal.

If Sync is of critical importance to you, you may want to consider running your own server for private use. Our public server is on an as-is and as-available basis.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

thosrtanner
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by thosrtanner » 2018-01-21, 17:20

not critical. it's just the message was continually appearing, so driven to wonder. Thanks for the info
Last edited by thosrtanner on 2018-01-21, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.