Sync not syncing tabs? Topic is solved

Anything to do with the Pale Moon Sync service.
zogoibi

Sync not syncing tabs?

Unread post by zogoibi » 2017-09-16, 00:46

Computers A and B properly set up for syncing with the same account, sync tabs box checked in Preferences.

In computer A there are -say- X, Y and Z tabs open. I click on "sync now". Wait for the sync icon to stop spinning (I assume that means sync is done?), plus wait an extra minute. Then close Palemoon.

Now I start up computer B and launch Palemoon. Tabs from my previous session in computer B get opened. I click on "sync now", but I don't get the X, Y and Z tabs I had in computer A right before syncing there. Tabs don't change at all.

Is tab syncing not working, or am I doing something wrong? How can I get in computer B the same tabs I had opened (and synced) in computer A?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Sync not syncing tabs?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-09-16, 13:11

That's just not how syncing of tabs works. It doesn't keep the tabs on different computers "as if it's the same installation"; synced instances of Pale Moon remain autonomous as far as which documents are opened is concerned. Tabs aren't bookmarks; they are opened documents.
To access the tabs from your synced computer A on computer B, look under History -> Tabs from other devices.

It's done this way so synced computers don't have their existing session destroyed by sync, and allowing to access tabs from other devices in (almost) real-time.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

zogoibi

Re: Sync not syncing tabs?

Unread post by zogoibi » 2017-09-16, 22:45

I understand. Thank you very much!!