Problem with Palemoon Sync Topic is solved

Anything to do with the Pale Moon Sync service.
tenseys

Problem with Palemoon Sync

Unread post by tenseys » 2017-08-18, 02:41

I decided to check out Palemoon sync after seeing it mentioned in the context of secure passwords. I had no idea what it was - never tried it in FF.

I usually don't use cloud based services or servers to store things deliberately not even to store music let alone passwords.

I know and read that it is ultra secure because there is a key and its crazy encrypted etc but still I just don't want to use something like that and don't actually need it.

So anyway I started setting up the account and then realized it will sync with server. I pressed cancel once it showed me all the choices selected but I don't know it it synced or not.

So what I wanted to do is reset sync so I can delete data on the server for sure but I can't get the option to show. And I can't seem to get a key so I can make any progress getting into the account - logging in with my email and password. Then I tried to actually sync between two computers and couldn't make progress with that. Each device wants a key but there is no key. Or a device will simply go back to the create an account page. Going in circles.

If I try and use the i lost the device setting to generate new key and delete data, it states my password or username is wrong, and if try to generate new password it states function doesn't exist or something like that.

If I try to create the same account, it states account already exists so I know something exists.

(might I have unlinked the account from the computer i created it on - maybe, not sure)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Problem with Palemoon Sync

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-08-18, 07:26

Please try the steps at the bottom of http://www.palemoon.org/sync/help/recoverykey.shtml "I've lost my Recovery Key".
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

tenseys

Unread post by tenseys » 2017-08-18, 07:33

Moonchild wrote:Please try the steps at the bottom of http://www.palemoon.org/sync/help/recoverykey.shtml "I've lost my Recovery Key".
I tried that. It states my username or password is wrong. If i try to request pass, it states can't do function.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-08-18, 07:37

Then I'm sorry but you are using an incorrect user name and password in that case.
Functionality for resetting the password is still a to-do in our server implementation, unfortunately.

I can manually remove your account from the database. Send me a private message with the e-mail address you used as user name.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

tenseys

Unread post by tenseys » 2017-08-18, 07:37

No problem. I'll pm you the email.

Thanks for your help Moonchild.