Can´t reset my password

Anything to do with the Pale Moon Sync service.
tkrakas

Can´t reset my password

Unread post by tkrakas » 2017-05-28, 08:58

I tried to use sync in my new laptop, but can´t remember my password and I don´t have another computer with me.
So how can I reset my password Pale Moon sync on this laptop?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Can´t reset my password

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-05-28, 14:14

It's currently not possible to change your password or reset it if you both forgot the password and don't have a synced computer available.
You'll have to either get access to the synced computer, or remember your password to link your laptop.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

jelabarre59

Unread post by jelabarre59 » 2017-07-18, 20:38

It's currently not possible to change your password or reset it if you both forgot the password and don't have a synced computer available.
You'll have to either get access to the synced computer, or remember your password to link your laptop.

So is it possible for you to *DELETE* my old sync account so I can create a new one? I tried creating an account, and it says there's already one attached to that email.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-07-18, 23:33

Only manually, and only after confirmation via e-mail to prevent abuse.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite