TRANSFER FIREFOX BOOKMARKS TO PALE MOON?? Topic is solved

Anything to do with the Pale Moon Sync service.
Doreet777

TRANSFER FIREFOX BOOKMARKS TO PALE MOON??

Unread post by Doreet777 » 2017-05-26, 22:51

HI, I GOT PALE MOON, SPECIFICALLY CAUSE IT USES java.--and yet i can't even find simple info on how to copy bookmarks off firefox, to pale moon!!you guys seem to like complex software, and I hate complex computer-work.I am only a non-techie user, a senior,I already have enough computer problems, i don't want any complex tech any more.--please try to make any remarks to me, "translated out of tech-language, and into plain English." Please let me know,how to simply put firefox bookmarks, on pale moon---thank you!! :) :coffee:

adisib
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: TRANSFER FIREFOX BOOKMARKS TO PALE MOON??

Unread post by adisib » 2017-05-27, 00:39

There is an FAQ entry about this here:
http://www.palemoon.org/faq.shtml#How_d ... ng_Firefox

It says:
You can, however, import your bookmarks by first exporting them from Firefox (Bookmarks -> Show all Bookmarks -> Import and backup -> Export bookmarks to HTML), then importing them in Pale Moon (in the same location, but then choose "Import bookmarks from HTML").
If you need more information than this, please don't hesitate to ask.

ebachrach

Unread post by ebachrach » 2017-06-12, 23:56

I just had my desktop computer repaired, after paying also for a data download. Most of the data was reinstalled OK, including the bookmarks -- but not the bookmarks toolbar, on which I rely heavily. I solved this in Firefox by syncing with a laptop that had all the bookmarks. Then I tried to export/import to Pale Moon, which has been my preferred browser. I thought I followed the instructions: first trying to export bookmarks toolbar from Firefox to HTML and saving the resulting file to desktop, as suggested. Then I tried to import from HTML to Pale Moon, without success. When this didn't work, I did the same with all bookmarks (except Pale Moon doesn't show "all bookmarks" but just organize bookmarks). This didn't work either. In fact, the HTML documents didn't even show up in desktop file folder, though they showed in the actual desktop. I tried opening the detailed file from the desktop and copying the bookmarks toolbar items and pasting them to the Pale Moon bookmarks toolbar, but this didn't work. What am I doing wrong; how do I make this work?

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2017-06-18, 16:55

This didn't work either. In fact, the HTML documents didn't even show up in desktop file folder
Assumed you did select "import bookmarks from html" and had not seen "bookmark.html" file, there o you done something wrong at export operation. Do it again by "export bookmarks to html"