set up sync with a live version

Anything to do with the Pale Moon Sync service.

Moderator: satrow

tehckisnow
New to the forum
New to the forum

set up sync with a live version

Unread postby tehckisnow » Tue, 25 Apr 2017, 00:27

Hello! I struggled to search for this issue because I wasn't sure what terms to use, so I apologize if this has been asked, but I googled a few times and then read the first page of this forum to try to find something similar.

So I tried out Manjaro for the first time as a live distro in a vm, and I created a Palemoon sync account and customized the browser to just how I like it. I then realized that I had not yet installed Manjaro and went ahead and did that and found that I am unable to sign in to Palemoon Sync because I never set up a secondary device to authenticate. I have the username and password, but it wants a security key as well. It says I can log into the other device to generate a security key, but that device no longer exists(it was a live version running on a vm). Is there anything I can do? I just want to use my email address for the account, I am not upset if I lose my settings. Thanks!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: set up sync with a live version

Unread postby Moonchild » Tue, 25 Apr 2017, 12:23

If you didn't save your recovery key, your synced data is lost.

You can reset your recovery key by using the instructions on the website:
http://www.palemoon.org/sync/help/recoverykey.shtml

See "I've lost my recovery key"
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"There are two things in this world that take no skill: 1. Spending other people’s money and 2. Dismissing an idea."

tehckisnow
New to the forum
New to the forum

Re: set up sync with a live version

Unread postby tehckisnow » Tue, 25 Apr 2017, 22:51

Thank you very much! The "lost my recovery key" section was exactly what I was looking for! The instructions didn't exactly match up to my version, but I eventually found the settings in the preferences menu instead of the Options menu! Thank you so much!

Return to “Pale Moon Sync”