set up sync with a live version

Anything to do with the Pale Moon Sync service.
tehckisnow

set up sync with a live version

Unread post by tehckisnow » 2017-04-25, 00:27

Hello! I struggled to search for this issue because I wasn't sure what terms to use, so I apologize if this has been asked, but I googled a few times and then read the first page of this forum to try to find something similar.

So I tried out Manjaro for the first time as a live distro in a vm, and I created a Palemoon sync account and customized the browser to just how I like it. I then realized that I had not yet installed Manjaro and went ahead and did that and found that I am unable to sign in to Palemoon Sync because I never set up a secondary device to authenticate. I have the username and password, but it wants a security key as well. It says I can log into the other device to generate a security key, but that device no longer exists(it was a live version running on a vm). Is there anything I can do? I just want to use my email address for the account, I am not upset if I lose my settings. Thanks!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: set up sync with a live version

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-04-25, 12:23

If you didn't save your recovery key, your synced data is lost.

You can reset your recovery key by using the instructions on the website:
http://www.palemoon.org/sync/help/recoverykey.shtml

See "I've lost my recovery key"
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

tehckisnow

Re: set up sync with a live version

Unread post by tehckisnow » 2017-04-25, 22:51

Thank you very much! The "lost my recovery key" section was exactly what I was looking for! The instructions didn't exactly match up to my version, but I eventually found the settings in the preferences menu instead of the Options menu! Thank you so much!