Syncing a desktop with the data from a Android device

Anything to do with the Pale Moon Sync service.
Panino

Syncing a desktop with the data from a Android device

Unread post by Panino » 2017-01-29, 23:54

I think I did what I shouldn't, changing the recovery key from my account trying to sync the new installation.
The new PC isn't appearing among the options to send a tab on the tablet.

I want to sync the PC and the tablet in a way that the data on the tablet is transferred to the PC, and I have no idea how to do this.
I was also thinking, how I export data, like bookmarks from Pale Moon mobile?

Panino

Re: Syncing a desktop with the data from a Android device

Unread post by Panino » 2017-02-02, 20:51

I'm on a new PC.
Started Sync processes, asked to pair a device and showed the code.
I put the code in the tablet and synced.
I put the new recovery key from before.
It's working, but bookmarks and passwords are synced.
The new PC doesn't show when I try to send a tab from the tablet.

How this works after all?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-02-03, 12:38

Check the "Tabs from other devices" option. (On Android in the Tab pull-down, on desktop in the History menu).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

troypulk

Unread post by troypulk » 2017-02-03, 15:47

On my phone after opening PM I tap the address bar and then I tap Bookmarks and then Desktop Bookmarks, if sync is updated I'll see the new web page I just saved on my PC.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by
I want to sync the PC and the tablet in a way that the data on the tablet is transferred to the PC
Are you saying something like transferring a PDF file from your tablet to the PC? or just transferring the tablets bookmarks to the PC? through the sync function.

Panino

Unread post by Panino » 2017-02-05, 18:32

troypulk wrote:On my phone after opening PM I tap the address bar and then I tap Bookmarks and then Desktop Bookmarks, if sync is updated I'll see the new web page I just saved on my PC.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by
I want to sync the PC and the tablet in a way that the data on the tablet is transferred to the PC
Are you saying something like transferring a PDF file from your tablet to the PC? or just transferring the tablets bookmarks to the PC? through the sync function.

There is a new PC, with a new and clean Pale Moon installation.
I synced with my account, and it continues clean, it doesn't appear in synced tab on the tablet.
What I want is, the tablet still contains all the bookmarks and configs from my account, I want to send all this to the PC.

As I said I made a mistake resetting the old recovery key.
What I do now?
How I export the bookmarks in the tablet to transfer then to the PC?