PM4A sync server address

Anything to do with the Pale Moon Sync service.
troypulk

PM4A sync server address

Unread post by troypulk » 2016-12-27, 02:11

I flashed my phones ROM and updated it to Android 7.1.1 now after I re-downloaded PM 25.9.6 from the Google play store I went to re-sync but it's not connecting.

I went into the manual setup and put my Account name, password and the recovery key and pressed connect, it failed and said to put in a valid URL server address.

I put: https://pmsync.palemoon.net but it still failed so I checked the status and it says it's running.

Is this not the proper way to re-sync a phone?

Thanks

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: PM4A sync server address

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-12-27, 12:27

Please try re-syncing using the "easy setup" method (12-character code) to link it to your desktop.

Also, the URL has to be:

Code: Select all

https://pmsync.palemoon.net/sync/index.php/
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

troypulk

Unread post by troypulk » 2016-12-27, 16:22

Thanks,

When I first did this I saw the "advanced setup" and it contained my key so I was under the impression that was the way to go.

You're right the (12-character code) is the easiest way, I'm not sure why I didn't do that in the first place, maybe I thought that this was why there is a recovery key in the first place. :mrgreen:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-01-08, 21:19

troypulk wrote:maybe I thought that this was why there is a recovery key in the first place
Well, as the name suggests, the recovery key is there to be able to set up your sync account and get your data if you don't have access to previously-synced devices ;)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite