Duplicate entries after DB reset?

Anything to do with the Pale Moon Sync service.

Moderator: satrow

Don90630
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Duplicate entries after DB reset?

Unread postby Don90630 » Mon, 17 Oct 2016, 05:35

Today I have duplicate entries in my Bookmarks. Will that be resolved over time? If I delete a duplicate, will the original also be deleted?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Duplicate entries after DB reset?

Unread postby Moonchild » Mon, 17 Oct 2016, 09:42

You'll have to remove the duplicates. Most likely your initial re-sync happened from 2 devices at the same time, causing duplicates on the server.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

Don90630
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread postby Don90630 » Tue, 18 Oct 2016, 04:18

Thank you. I will try to remember to log out of one computer while working on another.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread postby Moonchild » Tue, 18 Oct 2016, 09:43

Don90630 wrote:Thank you. I will try to remember to log out of one computer while working on another.

In normal operation this isn't needed as the sync server keeps track of your collections :) This was likely just an anomaly for having both devices not finding any data on the server and both sending the initial synchronization at the same time.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

Return to “Pale Moon Sync”