How much bandwidth is used?

Anything to do with the Pale Moon Sync service.
Rooker

How much bandwidth is used?

Unread post by Rooker » 2016-08-26, 17:40

About how much bandwidth is consumed when sync is used? I have a really tight daily data allowance I have to work with. According to the View Quota tool, I'm only using 279KB across two devices at the moment, but I've only just switched from Firefox, so that'll start rising.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: How much bandwidth is used?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-08-26, 18:33

Sync is selective in what it synchronizes. Your data usage will depend greatly on how often you add/remove bookmarks or save form entries, and especially depends on whether you synchronize your browsing history and how many sites you visit daily. If you're on a tight data limit I recommend NOT synching browsing history since that can add up even with sync only synchronizing changed data.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Rooker

Re: How much bandwidth is used?

Unread post by Rooker » 2016-08-26, 18:44

That would limit how well the location bar predicts what I want when I start typing, right? I wanted to keep it for that reason. I guess I can live with training the two copies separately though. Thanks.