sync password not accepted Topic is solved

Anything to do with the Pale Moon Sync service.
baritone
Moongazer
Moongazer

sync password not accepted

Unread post by baritone » 2016-03-26, 18:51

Hi,
I just created a new sync account. A first it seemed to have worked well. ( I am using PM 26.1.1 (x86) on Win7)
But, when I want sync or to add a new device, the programm tells me that the password is wrong.
There is no way to reset it. ("function not available")
I never got a recovery key.
I cannot create a new account because the program tells me that the e-mail adress is already in use.
So what can I do now?

best regards

CraigPD
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: sync password not accepted

Unread post by CraigPD » 2016-03-26, 19:55

Confirm that this is the sequence you used to set up the new device. I keep these instructions handy because they are simple but unintuitive (to me).

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=10412&p=72775#p72193

baritone
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by baritone » 2016-03-27, 09:03

Hello Craig,

in a way I did. In the beginning.
The problem is, I have a dual boot system set up on my desktop. I created the account in Win7, then closed the device and booted Linux mint.
So I cannot simply look into the "other device".
- If I click "das andere Gerät ist nicht verfügbar" ( the other device is not available), the the programm tells me to look the code up in the "other device" (!).
- When i say I "lost" the other device, I have to log in and to enter a recovery code which I do not have.
There are screenshots available through "help" but they show a menu I simply do not have with several options to display "my recovery code".
- Also I tried to "Gerät trennen" because I hoped to be able to connect again, but I end in the same log in procedure where the password is not accepted.
- btw. I used a password with a dot in it, might this cause problems?

baritone
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by baritone » 2016-04-15, 10:52

In the meantime, after having seen similar problems with other users, I had Moonchild delete the account and started all over again.
Although I did exactly the same this time it worked. I had to setup sync twice after all, because in the first run nothing happened. The next time I had time to look into it, I found that on the original machine I had to setup the sync again i.e. to connect the system a second time using the recovery key. This time everthing works.
So I would mark this "solved" but I do not find where I can do this.

igor25678

Unread post by igor25678 » 2016-05-31, 14:13

Hello,
I have the same problem like bariton has.
How could I delete my account to set up Sync once again, I think this is the only solution in such a case?
Thank you in advance.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-05-31, 15:07

igor25678 wrote:Hello,
I have the same problem like bariton has.
How could I delete my account to set up Sync once again, I think this is the only solution in such a case?
Thank you in advance.
There is no automated way yet for sync users to delete their own accounts (and if your password is incorrect, that wouldn't work anyway).
The only way to do this is to send me a PM with the e-mail address used for the Sync account as well as the contents of services.sync.username in your about:config and I can manually remove it from the database.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite