Add-ons

Anything to do with the Pale Moon Sync service.
Cogito Ergo Sum

Add-ons

Unread post by Cogito Ergo Sum » 2016-02-26, 01:12

Sorry, no problems. I was just not waiting long enough for the sync to finish.
Having a sync progress indicator would be nice.
Last edited by Cogito Ergo Sum on 2016-02-26, 03:36, edited 1 time in total.

Thehandyman1957

Re: Add-ons

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2016-02-26, 03:18

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I chose to sync add-ons, but when i use View Quota, for add-ons it says 0.
Are my add-ons being synced or not?
It might be more helpful if you let us know what version your using and where you are syncing from and to?

Cogito Ergo Sum

Unread post by Cogito Ergo Sum » 2016-02-26, 06:33

New problem, after "installing" Pale Moon Portable, i tried syncing it and it installed the wrong version of the add-ons i have on my regular Pale Moon.
Both are Pale Moon 26.1.1 x64
So now i have add-ons on the Pale Moon Portable that say "incompatible with Pale Moon 26.1.1", ABL is missing, Compact Moon Options is missing, Encrypted Web is missing, Moz Archiver is missing, Pale Moon Commander is missing, Secret Agent is missing, Youtube Center is the wrong version.
It's like Pale Moon Sync only checks addons.mozilla.org, not addons.palemoon.org.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-02-26, 12:32

Don't sync add-ons it won't work properly because it is still exclusively tied to AMO.. There needs to be research done to understand how sync does it's add-ons fetching because afaik it does not use the same method as say the Add-ons Manager.

I will get to it when I can.. But any fix will require a new Pale Moon version to be drafted. Not to mention a lot of research. So, for the time being please simply go get your extensions manually or simply port your profile to portable straight up.

Cogito Ergo Sum

Unread post by Cogito Ergo Sum » 2016-02-28, 21:22

Matt A Tobin wrote:Don't sync add-ons it won't work properly because it is still exclusively tied to AMO.. There needs to be research done to understand how sync does it's add-ons fetching because afaik it does not use the same method as say the Add-ons Manager.

I will get to it when I can.. But any fix will require a new Pale Moon version to be drafted. Not to mention a lot of research. So, for the time being please simply go get your extensions manually or simply port your profile to portable straight up.
I copied my profile from the regular to the portable.
The Tabs don't sync either. I think tab syncing might have been deprecated in Firefox.

I can use FEBE to keep my add-ons synced. It just takes more manipulations.