How do I delete my Sync account?

Anything to do with the Pale Moon Sync service.
Lightice

How do I delete my Sync account?

Unread post by Lightice » 2016-02-08, 14:21

It seems that I've forgotten my Sync password, and I'd like to simply create a new account, but I don't want to get a completely new e-mail address just for this one thing. So how do I delete the account or get a new password?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: How do I delete my Sync account?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-02-12, 20:06

If you still have a linked browser, then you can reset your sync password from within the browser.
Options -> Sync -> drop-down menu -> Change password...

If you forgot your password *and* no longer have a linked device, then you need to send me a private message with the e-mail address in question and (after e-mail confirmation) I can manually delete it for you.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Lightice

Re: How do I delete my Sync account?

Unread post by Lightice » 2016-02-13, 11:23

Alas, my the link never properly appeared in my browser in the first place, which is what caused the problem -- I never got the sync key to begin with, for some reason. I ended up just making a new e-mail account for the sake of Sync for the time being and everything went completely differently from the first time I tried.