Color My Tabs

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

wost_

Re: Color My Tabs

Unread post by wost_ » 2015-10-28, 19:49

wost_ wrote:I observed this few times on reddit, sometimes the picked color was orange instead of light blue.
This has been fixed now.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2015-12-20, 23:48

Just wanted you to know that even though you have a low impression of your add on, you have no idea how much better it is compared to "Colorfultabs"

The pure fact that you make it so that we can change the settings like you do is a huge plus. I did try going back to see if I would still like the above add on but could not get in to it anymore. I'm looking forward to your updated version.

I have had to start using Dark Moon theme as it's the only dark theme that will let me use persona's. It seems that in this theme I don't get all the colors I used to get. Mostly blue's and greys. Not sure why.

You know what would be really cool! If you had a drop down menu on the tab after right clicking that would give you the ability to simply change the color of the tab on the fly and it would remember it from there on out. That way after you had picked all your colors for your favorite sites it would be super easy to just glance at a tab and know what it was from the color. Don't know what kind of headache that would be but thought I would just throw it out there. Something to think about. :mrgreen:

Keep up the great work. :thumbup:

wost_

Unread post by wost_ » 2016-01-12, 15:51

Version 1.4.0 is up. It's now possible to change tab title color and tab title shadow color per state in settings. That's because forced white shadow with white letters in some themes is too blurry. By default the tab title color is set to black (#000000) and title shadow color is set to white (#FFFFFF). You can specify own values in HTML hex color format. There are also some brightness calculation fixes (but it's still broken...) and the default tab color has been changed to be a little bit less blueish.
Thehandyman1957 wrote:Just wanted you to know that even though you have a low impression of your add on, you have no idea how much better it is compared to "Colorfultabs"
I wouldn't say it's better. It's different and it's limited to only one way of assigning colors. I do realize this may not be what people expect regarding "Color My Tabs" title alone, but initially my intention was to have this extension based solely on favicons. It's still unreliable in some cases though.
Thehandyman1957 wrote: I have had to start using Dark Moon theme as it's the only dark theme that will let me use persona's. It seems that in this theme I don't get all the colors I used to get. Mostly blue's and greys. Not sure why.
As far as I remember it worked correctly with Dark Moon theme, but I didn't try Persona and I'm not really sure how this could broke it in that way. Strange.
Thehandyman1957 wrote:You know what would be really cool! If you had a drop down menu on the tab after right clicking that would give you the ability to simply change the color of the tab on the fly and it would remember it from there on out. That way after you had picked all your colors for your favorite sites it would be super easy to just glance at a tab and know what it was from the color. Don't know what kind of headache that would be but thought I would just throw it out there. Something to think about. :mrgreen:
I don't know if I'll have enough time in future to extend it so it could have other color picking options but this would be a nice improvement.

Thanks for suggestion and your support.
Last edited by wost_ on 2016-01-15, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2016-01-13, 03:19

Thank you wost for all your work. :thumbup: So I went to as many sites as I could make out on your picture of the updated colors and it seems to be working the same. So it must just be me and the sites I go to that give me all those blues and greys. So no problem there.
I don't know if I'll have enough time in future to extend it so it could have other color picking options but this would be a nice improvement.
Well maybe some day. :mrgreen:

_Poke_

Unread post by _Poke_ » 2016-02-17, 18:54

I recently noticed a slight issue. When the browser is launched the selected tab isn't styled as selected. When a tab is dragged into another window, the previously selected tab for that window isn't un-styled as selected.
These are easy to fix, just by switching tab or hovering over the wrong tab, but can cause a bit of confusion.

Burning Sun

Unread post by Burning Sun » 2016-02-23, 15:27

Great job, Wojciech. Congratulations.

Is this the first original SDK extension here?

wost_

Unread post by wost_ » 2016-07-19, 01:25

For anyone interested, I've made a non-SDK based version which works with Pale Moon 27 and it's available here https://github.com/wsdfhjxc/color-my-tabs

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2016-07-19, 06:33

wost_ wrote:For anyone interested, I've made a non-SDK based version which works with Pale Moon 27 and it's available here https://github.com/wsdfhjxc/color-my-tabs
Wow, long time no hear fella, :wave: Very cool that you are still giving us some "Color my Tabs" love. :thumbup:

Will this version work with 26.3.3 also? Your add on is still a must have. ;)

wost_

Unread post by wost_ » 2016-07-20, 22:20

Thehandyman1957 wrote:Wow, long time no hear fella, :wave: Very cool that you are still giving us some "Color my Tabs" love. :thumbup:

Yea, that's because I haven't been using Pale Moon recently (except trying alpha). Well, I guess only few people have this extension installed, but after reading about upcoming Add-on SDK deprecation I just wanted it not to die because it's PM only anyway. All previous bugs had been fixed and the new version do work with 26.3.3 but I noticed an another irritating visual bug which is not present with 27 alpha, so it's questionable. Some day I'll try to make it more stable and compatible with custom themes and ask Matt to replace old version on the website with the new one. Thanks for your support :)

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2016-07-21, 00:31

wost_ wrote:
Thehandyman1957 wrote:Wow, long time no hear fella, :wave: Very cool that you are still giving us some "Color my Tabs" love. :thumbup:

Yea, that's because I haven't been using Pale Moon recently (except trying alpha). Well, I guess only few people have this extension installed, but after reading about upcoming Add-on SDK deprecation I just wanted it not to die because it's PM only anyway. All previous bugs had been fixed and the new version do work with 26.3.3 but I noticed an another irritating visual bug which is not present with 27 alpha, so it's questionable. Some day I'll try to make it more stable and compatible with custom themes and ask Matt to replace old version on the website with the new one. Thanks for your support :)
Nah, It will never die, it will live on even if only a few of us still use it.
There are many of us XP folk who cannot upgrade to 27 and I for one have used it since the day you gave it to us.
But It's awesome that others will still get the chance to use it in the newest 27. :thumbup: