Crush Those Cookies

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Crush Those Cookies

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-11-02, 20:02

This is an Add-ons Site point.. Not an extension one.. Not really anyway.

I will consider it. Though, there is not currently any planned capacity in the current Add-ons Site or the quickly upcoming Project Phoebus landing.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-11-02, 20:47

What? I mean a changelog for this addon, like other addons show this after the addon updated.

wost_

Unread post by wost_ » 2016-11-02, 22:41

I'm sorry, that's because I didn't include a changelog. To be honest, "development" of this extension is not very active and there were no meaningful changes in workflow of the extension itself.

By the way, you can ask JustOff about packaging some compatible version of Self-Destructing Cookies with SDK libraries, as he mentioned in another thread that this is not so hard to achieve. This way you could have a full-blown original SDC in PM 27 instead of this crap. ;)

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-11-02, 22:53

wost_ wrote:By the way, you can ask JustOff about packaging some compatible version of Self-Destructing Cookies with SDK libraries, as he mentioned in another thread that this is not so hard to achieve. This way you could have a full-blown original SDC in PM 27 instead of this crap. ;)
I should clarify two things: 1) yours addon isn't crap 2) currently, only SDK addons with no panels interface can be easily run on PM27, so until this not solved, the original SDC can work only in "underground" mode (Icon and Menu entries disabled in SDC options).

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-11-03, 09:22

Dont know why you say your addon is crap.
It works great!

Falna
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Falna » 2016-11-03, 13:53

dark_moon wrote:Dont know why you say your addon is crap.
It works great!
+1

Forked extensions :
● Add-ons Inspector ● Auto Text Link ● Copy As Plain Text ● Copy Hyperlink Text ● FireFTP button replacement ● gSearch Bar ● Navigation Bar Enhancer ● New Tab Links ● Number Tabs ● Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 ● Scrollbar Search Marker ● Simple Marker ● Tabs To Portfolio ● Update Alert ● Web Developer's Toolbox ● Zap Anything

Hint: If you expect a reply to your PM, allow replies...

0strodamus
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by 0strodamus » 2016-11-03, 23:29

wost_ wrote:A bug with hanging browser when closing windows on Linux has been fixed (I hope).
I can confirm the bug is so far resolved for me on Linux. Thanks for providing a nice alternative to SDC!

half-moon

Unread post by half-moon » 2016-11-04, 12:23

I've been using this addon for a while now and i still enjoy it.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2016-11-05, 04:17

wost_ wrote:This way you could have a full-blown original SDC in PM 27 instead of this crap. ;)
Wost, what seems small and insignificant to you is a huge deal to us. Your one of the few here that has
gone out of your way to make us a couple of great add on's. They may not be the best for some, but they
are the best for us. :thumbup:

BTW, I still use your "Color My Tabs" and cannot imagine having to go back to the "other" add on I used
before you gave us that little gem. ;)

So keep up the good work and learn to take a pat on the back, and a atta boy. :mrgreen:

wost_

Unread post by wost_ » 2016-11-05, 14:19

Thanks handyman. Yes, although these extensions may not be the best quality, I'm glad I could contribute a little bit in this area. :)
wost_ wrote:
_yuyu_ wrote:No, even an empty private background window with no sites loaded. Default checkboxes. Also tried on clean profile with same result. As soon as I close private window and any (even whitelisted) tab in normal window, all cookies meant to be crushed are triggered to crush all at once. I run PM on Win 7 x86.
You are right. This happens in PM 26.5. However, in PM 27b3 this seem not to be an issue. I'll try to figure out what's going on here.
Also, for the record, this should be fixed now, I think.

_yuyu_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by _yuyu_ » 2016-11-05, 18:21

wost_ wrote:
wost_ wrote:
_yuyu_ wrote:No, even an empty private background window with no sites loaded. Default checkboxes. Also tried on clean profile with same result. As soon as I close private window and any (even whitelisted) tab in normal window, all cookies meant to be crushed are triggered to crush all at once. I run PM on Win 7 x86.
You are right. This happens in PM 26.5. However, in PM 27b3 this seem not to be an issue. I'll try to figure out what's going on here.
Also, for the record, this should be fixed now, I think.
Yes, perfect. Now it works as expected. Thank you!
Pale Moon 32-bit on Win 7 x64

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by paulri » 2016-12-09, 14:35

I just installed Crush Those Cookies. I have one cookie on my whitelist, and the "keep crushing cookies" boxes are all checked, as is the one at the bottom of the option, to crush tehm when my browser window closes. I close out the browser by clicking on the red x, but I'm seeing after restarting, that the cookies are still there. The whitelisted coookie remains, but so do the others that I don't want.

Do I need to make certain options checked in the PM Privacy window, for this to work right?
Paul

If you have found a solution to your problem, please click on the check mark icon of the post that answers your question, so as to alert others who have the same problem.

wost_

Unread post by wost_ » 2016-12-09, 14:56

paulri wrote:I just installed Crush Those Cookies. I have one cookie on my whitelist, and the "keep crushing cookies" boxes are all checked, as is the one at the bottom of the option, to crush tehm when my browser window closes. I close out the browser by clicking on the red x, but I'm seeing after restarting, that the cookies are still there. The whitelisted coookie remains, but so do the others that I don't want.
Something's broken. Thanks for reporting, I'll try to fix it. But, the best option is to try Cookies Exterminator instead of this. It's better in every aspect.

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by paulri » 2016-12-09, 15:06

OK thanks for the heads up.
Paul

If you have found a solution to your problem, please click on the check mark icon of the post that answers your question, so as to alert others who have the same problem.

ArchieLukas

Unread post by ArchieLukas » 2017-01-12, 17:14

Used it for a while - caused so many issues It had to be trashed.

Basically - it stopped all attempts at downloading .....anything!

Andrew Gilbertson

Unread post by Andrew Gilbertson » 2017-01-12, 18:05

ArchieLukas wrote:Used it for a while - caused so many issues It had to be trashed.

Basically - it stopped all attempts at downloading .....anything!
That doesn't seem like something CTC would do (shortly of badly coded "please please PLEASE use our downloader!" download pages...which...no. just no). You sure that it wasn't another extension responsible for your problems downloading "anything"?

ArchieLukas

Unread post by ArchieLukas » 2017-01-20, 16:59

Just saw this - No everything worked super jolly happy mode when Cookie crusher was trashed.