Crush Those Cookies

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

GreenGeek

Re: Crush Those Cookies

Unread post by GreenGeek » 2016-09-11, 16:42

LimboSlam, look in bottom left corner (easy to miss).

wost_

Unread post by wost_ » 2016-09-11, 19:59

LimboSlam wrote:Ok, with this latest update, I've notice CTC is missing it's icon (whatever the toolbar is called where tabs lie on top) after a shutdown and restart of the browser. I already tried safe mode, as well as a new profile and nada. Can this please get fixed asap. Thanks! :)
I'm sorry but I can't reproduce this issue. The icon is always present where I place it, which means toolbar (nav-bar) or status bar (addon-bar), also after updates. If it's not, then it should be present inside customization palette. It seems I've probably screwed something up though. :( Do you have any extensions for UI customization? Also, could you please tell me what's your extensions.crush-those-cookies.toolbarButtonPosition value in about:config?

EDIT: Ok, never mind, I know what the problem is. The icon can be currently really placed only in nav-bar or addon-bar. Placing it elsewhere (e.g. TabsToolbar) isn't handled properly. I'll try to fix it.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2016-09-11, 22:02

wost_ wrote:EDIT: Ok, never mind, I know what the problem is. The icon can be currently really placed only in nav-bar or addon-bar. Placing it elsewhere (e.g. TabsToolbar) isn't handled properly. I'll try to fix it.
Yes thats exactly it, thanks! I'll be waiting patiently for the quick fix.

EDIT: Issue resolved! Thanks wost_!! :)
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-09-24, 10:01

I wonder why your addon isn't listed on https://addons.palemoon.org

wost_

Unread post by wost_ » 2016-09-27, 12:12

I don't want to bother Tobin while he has more important things to do with the next milestone development. The add-ons website should be probably updated because there are some redirects to AMO with incompatible versions and also few Jetpack extensions listed which must be removed. So maybe when it's done I'll ask if CTC could be listed as well.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-09-27, 12:20

Truth be told.. I have handed most of the "grunt" work over to Antonius32.. He has been simply amazing for his contributions to the Add-ons Team and the Project in general. Leaves me free to .. for the most part act in my own role as Administrator and Coordinator as well as Developer.

Besides, I've created some accelerators to make it far less painful than it was even some months ago. Shoot me a PM using that thread I created somewhere on the forum.. I will get you hooked up.. And also get you the access directly to ColorMyTabs you should have had already.. Which, I dunno .. Brain box malfunctioning cause error..

Send me a PM wost_

wost_

Unread post by wost_ » 2016-09-29, 11:20

Thank you very much for all of your help and work. :)

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-09-30, 09:51

Thanks Tobin :thumbup:

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2016-10-02, 14:48

Many thanks for your very nice extension! Just replaced Self-Destructing Cookies with it. Apart from a whitelist import/export feature (unless there's a file in the Profile somewhere we can already backup?) it'd be nice if the list could sort itself (a-z) to allow for easier searching.

wost_

Unread post by wost_ » 2016-10-03, 11:27

back2themoon wrote:it'd be nice if the list could sort itself (a-z) to allow for easier searching
Done.
back2themoon wrote:a whitelist import/export feature (unless there's a file in the Profile somewhere we can already backup?)
You can copy the value of extensions.crush-those-cookies.whitelistedDomains in about:config to get whitelisted domains as a plain text string. To restore this value just disable the extension, paste it in about:config and enable the extension.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2016-10-03, 12:45

Thanks a lot for the info and super-quick update wost_! Works great.

LifeGoesOn
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by LifeGoesOn » 2016-10-11, 09:31

Thank for the add on, works great in PM 26.5 64 portable

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2016-10-13, 15:53

I'll throw in another request for this great extension. A search/filter bar to help locate redundant/overlapping entries. With a fairly large whitelist for example, this can happen frequently with domains/subdomains etc. The extension stands just fine as it is though. ;)

_yuyu_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by _yuyu_ » 2016-10-25, 17:22

Great add-on, thank you. Test it over a week and came across a couple of things.
1) If you have a private window running in background, cookies in the main (non private) window are not crushed until you close the private window.
2) If the tab is suspended/unloaded e.g by Suspend Tab add-on, its cookies are crushed as if the tab was closed.
Rechecked SDC extension and it does not show this behavior in both cases.
Pale Moon 32-bit on Win 7 x64

wost_

Unread post by wost_ » 2016-10-26, 23:29

_yuyu_ wrote:1) If you have a private window running in background, cookies in the main (non private) window are not crushed until you close the private window.
It works fine for me with a private window running in the background. But, do you mean the same domain, eg. youtube.com open inside the private window and youtube.com closed inside a non-private window that isn't trigerring youtube cookie removal? Can you tell me what are your settings (checkboxes etc.)? And are you on Linux maybe? It seems there are also some other issues with this extension when running it in PM for Linux. I'll take a look at these later.
_yuyu_ wrote:2) If the tab is suspended/unloaded e.g by Suspend Tab add-on, its cookies are crushed as if the tab was closed.
Suspend Tab probably unloads a document element for a given tab and it results in this behavior, so yes, they aren't compatible for now. I'll think about changing the way tab checks are being handled.

Thanks for reporting and sorry for inconveniences (well, this is a really crappy SDC imitation).
Last edited by wost_ on 2016-10-26, 23:43, edited 1 time in total.

GreenGeek

Unread post by GreenGeek » 2016-10-26, 23:33

It's a very good SDC replacement. :thumbup:

_yuyu_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by _yuyu_ » 2016-10-27, 00:33

wost_ wrote: It works fine for me with a private window running in the background. But, do you mean the same domain, eg. youtube.com open inside the private window and youtube.com closed inside a non-private window that isn't trigerring youtube cookie removal? Can you tell me what are your settings (checkboxes etc.)? And are you on Linux maybe? It seems there are also some other issues with this extension when running it in PM for Linux. I'll take a look at these later.
No, even an empty private background window with no sites loaded. Default checkboxes. Also tried on clean profile with same result. As soon as I close private window and any (even whitelisted) tab in normal window, all cookies meant to be crushed are triggered to crush all at once. I run PM on Win 7 x86.
wost_ wrote: Suspend Tab probably unloads a document element for a given tab and it results in this behavior, so yes, they aren't compatible for now. I'll think about changing the way tab checks are being handled.
Yes, I see whats the problem now.
Pale Moon 32-bit on Win 7 x64

wost_

Unread post by wost_ » 2016-11-01, 12:41

A bug with hanging browser when closing windows on Linux has been fixed (I hope).
_yuyu_ wrote:No, even an empty private background window with no sites loaded. Default checkboxes. Also tried on clean profile with same result. As soon as I close private window and any (even whitelisted) tab in normal window, all cookies meant to be crushed are triggered to crush all at once. I run PM on Win 7 x86.
You are right. This happens in PM 26.5. However, in PM 27b3 this seem not to be an issue. I'll try to figure out what's going on here.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-11-02, 19:54

Can we have a changelog in about:addons after a update is installed?
ctc.png