MozArchiver

Dedicated board for extension releases/support threads

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Forum rules
Please do not create new topics here unless you are an extension author in need of a dedicated releases&support thread!
Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: MozArchiver

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-09-16, 14:26

MozArchiver v1.0.1 has been released.

What's new?
- fix saving archives in Pale Moon 27
- improve first-run welcome page appearance

The ongoing issue with regards to requiring a new profile if MAF was previously installed is being looked into. :)

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2016-09-16, 14:40

Brilliant, thanks a lot Lootyhoof!

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-09-18, 14:32

MozArchiver has been updated to v1.0.2.

What's new?
- use correct values for version comparison

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2018-06-29, 22:42

MozArchiver has been updated to v2.0.0! In this release, we add both Pale Moon 28 and Basilisk support (plus SeaMonkey as a bonus), as this version is now based on MAF 4.1.4, the last version before MAF focused away from the MAFF/MHT formats (later versions heavily encourage you to convert to other formats). Please note that MAF 4.0.0 made several changes and as such I would highly suggest reviewing those release notes for further details. In addition to this though several other changes have been made, mentioned below.

Help files can now be found on the MozArchiver wiki, as the help pages on MAF's site are no longer relevant to us.

What's new?
- re-base on MAF 4.1.4
- (re-)add SeaMonkey and Basilisk support
- re-implement context menu items to our new base
- remove beta checks from our new base
- use newChannelFromURI2 where available
- re-direct users to the MozArchiver wiki for help documentation
- use both "Goanna-Content-Viewers" and "Gecko-Content-Viewers" for both Pale Moon 27 and 28 support (+ Basilisk and others)
- no longer require a clean profile if MAF was previously installed (must be disabled first)
- use own icons for options window (fix for themes not having correct icons)
- add sl-SI locale from upstream

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-06-30, 07:49

Brilliant update, many thanks. :thumbup:

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-06-30, 10:50

The "Welcome - Thank you for installing MozArchiver" tab seems to appear on almost every browser startup (28.0.0b1).
Last edited by back2themoon on 2018-06-30, 10:50, edited 1 time in total.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2018-06-30, 12:58

back2themoon wrote:The "Welcome - Thank you for installing MozArchiver" tab seems to appear on almost every browser startup (28.0.0b1).
Odd...I haven't been able to reproduce this.

If you set extensions.mza.other.displaywelcomepage to false in about:config, does this still happen?

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-06-30, 22:45

No, it stops. I noticed this however: it does not happen when I close the browser and reopen it. It does happen with the restart command (from the Pale Moon button, or File/Restart).

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2018-07-03, 20:23

back2themoon wrote:No, it stops. I noticed this however: it does not happen when I close the browser and reopen it. It does happen with the restart command (from the Pale Moon button, or File/Restart).
I still can't confirm this. Do you close the tab when it opens, or do you leave it open? Do you have any other extensions installed (and have you tried disabling them)?

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-07-04, 08:59

I close the tab. I disabled all other extensions and re-enabled them, and it seems to have stopped now. :?

I'll re-post if I have more info, thanks.

mekineer

Unread post by mekineer » 2018-09-04, 21:20

Are there keyboard shortcuts? I'm using an addon called Menu Wizard (before I used menuedit, but support for that got dropped), and I don't see any option for a shortcuts to the MozArchiver menu items. I was using Unmht, but when I started using Pale Moon 28, that stopped working too (despite a workaround I found, that kept me using it in Pale Moon 27).

One feature I liked is MozArchiver's ability to mass convert. Years of old htm files and subfolders got converted!
Last edited by mekineer on 2018-09-04, 21:23, edited 2 times in total.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2018-09-05, 15:55

MozArchiver doesn't have keyboard shortcuts, since it hooks into the browser's save system (Ctrl+S or similar, depending on your OS/locale) to add a .maff and .mhtml filetype to the file picker. The convert dialog is accessed via the Tools menu only.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2019-01-08, 19:40

MozArchiver has been updated to v2.0.1.

What's new?
- fix urlbar button

Ultradrom

Unread post by Ultradrom » 2019-03-03, 23:53

Hi Lootyhoof,
Feature request: "Save selection as..." - to save only selected part of page.
I use this function for a long time in UnMHT. Very useful to cropping pages.
Thank you.

cosmo666

Unread post by cosmo666 » 2019-03-29, 18:23

I would like to create a private utility fork of MozArchiver which I can use to examine the script content a given url is loading, by unpacking the .maff file.
Since my javascript skills are a little rusty, is there a simple way to disable the commenting out of javascript & vbscript?

Apropos (ExactPersistParsedJob.js)...
// Replaces the script with a comment, or with an empty string if the
// language of the script is unknown.
return new SourceFragment(
isJavaScript ? "/* Script removed by snapshot save */\r\n" :
isVbScript ? "' Script removed by snapshot save\r\n" :
"");
My general goal is to find a way to use .maff files as a means of intelligently disabling runaway background processing which diminishes the usefulness of PaleMoon for those of us who may have a half-dozen or so tabs open indefinitely during a work-day. I know there are other partial solutions, but I suspect this approach may provide a better result than what I've found so far.

BTW, just to be clear, my goal is to be able to examine the content of the script tags which would have been enabled and executed by the browser while accessing the website 'live'. This will facilitate creating an optimized .maff which can be re-loaded in a more passive mode, and it will also facilitate security measures by enabling the detection of possibly harmful scripts.

(Thanks for this extremely useful tool.)

mekineer

Unread post by mekineer » 2019-05-31, 04:04

When I chose "Save Page As", it would always default to Html. So I have been using the menu item "Save Page in Archive As" all this time. Maybe I didn't realize I needed to save something as Mhtml once, using "Save Page As", in order for the default to change? Now it's defaulting to Mhtml, so I can use the keyboard shortcut, yay! Always helps to take a second look.