Cookies Exterminator

General discussion, compatibility and contributed extensions.

Moderators: Indalecio, satrow, Lootyhoof, Andrew Gilbertson

Falna
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Cookies Exterminator

Postby Falna » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:25 am

PhilK wrote:
GreenGeek wrote:PhilK, you might want to try CrushThoseCookies by _wost. (Best suited to people who appreciate the KISS principle.)

Thanks. I may do that at some point, but I kinda liked the idea of using an extension by "one of our own" here in the Pale Moon world. (Even if for no other reason than I probably won't have to worry about PM compatibility, at least for a while)

Crush Those Cookies is written specifically for PM too: https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/crush-those-cookies/

gracious1
Lunatic
Lunatic

Postby gracious1 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:28 pm

dark_moon wrote:I remove Crush Thoses Cookies and install this. The whitelist was automatic included imported, nice!

When I installed Cookies Exterminator over Crush Those Cookies, my whitelist was not imported. I wonder it worked for you and not for me? :think:

JustOff wrote:...because...CE and CTC treat exceptions lists differently, there is no import of whitelist from CTC to CE.

So it looks like it's not support to import the whitelist from CTC. So I still wonder why it worked for you, dark_moon! :shifty:
ImageBe not the first by whom the new are tried, nor yet the last to lay the old aside. — Alexander Pope

JustOff
Localization Coordinator
Localization Coordinator

Postby JustOff » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:13 pm

gracious1 wrote:
dark_moon wrote:I remove Crush Thoses Cookies and install this. The whitelist was automatic included imported, nice!

When I installed Cookies Exterminator over Crush Those Cookies, my whitelist was not imported. I wonder it worked for you and not for me? :think:

I guess dark_moon meant "was imported from Self-Distructed Cookies" that was installed initially, before Crush Those Cookies :coffee:
Here are the add-ons I made in a spare time. That was fun!

dark_moon
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Postby dark_moon » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:31 pm

Yeah.
I use SDC before Crush Thoses Cookies and then Cookie Exterminator so i think CE import SDC stuff
Happy Pale Moon x64 under Win7 x64 User
German translator for Pale Moon 15+ and Pale Moon Commander addon

HowTo create a new Pale Moon Profile & use the Safe Mode
My GPG Key: 0x01EAFE95

justmix4
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Postby justmix4 » Mon May 08, 2017 12:37 pm

Hello.
Unfortunately this add-on doesn't work for me.
I have no idea why, maybe some of you had a similar problem. All pages that are in the whitelist anyway have cookies removed, very strange.

Pale Moon 27.3 Portable
Screenshots:
1) Main browser settings

2) Settings of pages where I want to keep active logging.

Can anyone with this add-on work be able to show screen of their main settings? I would be grateful. Regards.

///////////////

back2themoon wrote:Many thanks for your work JustOff. It seems to work fine with the below settings too, even if the AMO description indicates otherwise?

cookext.jpg

It seems that using these settings everything works. Thanks for this useful extension!

back2themoon
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby back2themoon » Mon May 08, 2017 1:19 pm

xm444 wrote:.All pages that are in the whitelist anyway have cookies removed, very strange.

Doesn't seem strange, from your settings it appears you are asking Pale Moon to clear cookies every time it closes, regardless of what any extension does.
Safe Mode / clean profile info: Menu/Help/Restart with Add-ons Disabled
Information to include when asking for support
How to apply user agent overrides

Windows 10 Pro x64 - Pale Moon x64 - FossaMail x64

gracious1
Lunatic
Lunatic

Postby gracious1 » Thu May 11, 2017 3:23 am

JustOff wrote:As for SDC, it actually uses both white and grey lists, but they are managed from single interface. They have the same meaning in Cookies Exterminator too.

Coming late to the conversation, but I'm only just now looking for an alternative to my current cookie-crushing extension. Could you explain what a greylist is? I looked at the AMO description of both CE and SDC, and neither one actually defines it as opposed to whitelist.
ImageBe not the first by whom the new are tried, nor yet the last to lay the old aside. — Alexander Pope

JustOff
Localization Coordinator
Localization Coordinator

Postby JustOff » Thu May 11, 2017 10:19 am

CE auto-erases cookies and local storage objects as soon as they are no longer used by open browser tabs. Whitelist and greylist both protect from such cleaning, but all cookies and local storage objects from greylist are forcibly removed on each browser restart.

- Garry
New to the forum
New to the forum

Postby - Garry » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:02 am

JustOff wrote:CE auto-erases cookies and local storage objects as soon as they are no longer used by open browser tabs. Whitelist and greylist both protect from such cleaning, but all cookies and local storage objects from greylist are forcibly removed on each browser restart.

Very late, but I want to thank you very much for that very nice extension.
It's most valuable and works really nice, but I have a suggestion which is needed for users who are not really cookie/web-tech aware:
Implement a second timer for cookies from visited (opened by bookmark or URL etc.) sites.
Since CE determines it it's needed or not by "open" URLs, this information should already be available.

Advantage: Lazy users needn't bother with grey/whitelists.

Example:
Say I visit www.inter.net and get cookies from singleklick.net, inter.net and some more.
Now if I get redirected from www.inter.net to pay.3rdpartybank.net, I love to see cookies beeing deleted after 10 seconds which came from singleklick.net, but the ones which came from inter.net shouldn't be deleted before a much longer timeout lapses - say 10 minutes. So I can safely pay and return within 10 minutes without having to remember to switch to grey!

Thanks,

-Garry

JustOff
Localization Coordinator
Localization Coordinator

Postby JustOff » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:58 pm

- Garry wrote:I have a suggestion which is needed for users who are not really cookie/web-tech aware:
Implement a second timer for cookies from visited (opened by bookmark or URL etc.) sites.
Since CE determines it it's needed or not by "open" URLs, this information should already be available.

Sorry, but I doubt that such logic can bring useful results.

JustOff
Localization Coordinator
Localization Coordinator

Postby JustOff » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:42 pm

IndexedDB support has been added in the new beta version of Cookies Exterminator.

palemoon_2017-09-22_21-01-42.png
Websites to test: https://weather.com, https://go.twitch.tv. Bug reports are welcomed as usual.
Last edited by JustOff on Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

dark_moon
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Postby dark_moon » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:50 pm

Awesome! :thumbup:
Happy Pale Moon x64 under Win7 x64 User
German translator for Pale Moon 15+ and Pale Moon Commander addon

HowTo create a new Pale Moon Profile & use the Safe Mode
My GPG Key: 0x01EAFE95

hobbledehoy899
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby hobbledehoy899 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:20 am

Wow, I can't believe that you're making this extension even better! This is great!

Return to “Browser extensions”