How to become a beta tester for Pale Moon

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

How to become a beta tester for Pale Moon

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-04-28, 06:14

For anyone who is interested in becoming a beta tester, the right way is to send a private message:
  1. With the details of your background in IT (or a link to it)
  2. With the details of your background in testing software (if any)
  3. With basic details of what you can offer testing for (product/operating system)
  4. Including how much time you think you can dedicate to this
This is done on a per-request basis, not by sending out random invitations to people, because I can't scour the forum for potential candidates myself and I will not make assumptions about how much free time someone has to dedicate to volunteer beta testing. So you have to ask me if you are interested, not think I have time/inclination to ask random folks who might fit the bill and might have time.

I'm not going to assume anyone has the time for this unless they themselves indicate this and volunteer for this task.

Becoming a beta tester is a responsibility, takes time to do properly, and requires regular attention as well as regular feedback&communication (even if just nothing to report, still report the "nothing", and letting us know when you have to take a temporary or permanent leave from it again) and a long-term thing -- it's not just about getting early access or do-it-once-be-privileged-forever.

Communication with beta testers is mainly done through this very forum in private boards, to keep things organized in an easily-accessible way.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite