Firefox is already running but not responding

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
vrapp2

Firefox is already running but not responding

Unread post by vrapp2 » 2012-04-11, 14:11

If when Palemoon is running, I launch Firefox, I receive message "firefox is already running but not responding".

I'm not sure if this is expected or not, but here's one scenario. If I have Firefox, and in Options/Applications I associate, say, Log File with "Use Firefox"; then I migrate to Palemoon; it appears that migration tool does not change "use firefox" to "use palemoon". Then if in Palemoon I try to open downloaded log file, I receive "firefox is already running".

vrapp2

Re: Firefox is already running but not responding

Unread post by vrapp2 » 2012-04-11, 14:16

Little follow-up: further looking showed that Palemoon's profile directory is the same as Firefox, maybe this is wrong.

Greenboyb1

Unread post by Greenboyb1 » 2012-04-11, 14:21

Have you tried stopping firefox.exe in the Task Manger tab "Processes"? :?:
vrapp2 wrote:Little follow-up: further looking showed that Palemoon's profile directory is the same as Firefox, maybe this is wrong.
I don't think so, Pale Moon used to share some files w/ Firefox.
Last edited by Greenboyb1 on 2012-04-11, 17:07, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-04-11, 15:59

Pale Moon doesn't share anything with Firefox. Only very old versions of Pale Moon would use the Firefox profile folder.
I suggest you check the version of Pale Moon you are using, and update if not current.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2012-04-15, 03:48

Meanwhile inside the computer...
6u3dd.png