Firefox 25b1 out. No Australis.

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Ryrynz

Firefox 25b1 out. No Australis.

Unread post by Ryrynz » 2013-09-20, 08:31

Could one of the late betas perhaps be used for a Pale Moon build?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Firefox 25b1 out. No Australis.

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-09-20, 08:38

No, sorry. I'm not going to use beta code, and certainly not going to use anything post-24 until Mozilla figures out what they are going to do. They've pushed back most of the Australis preparations to post-ESR which means if I am going to use that code, i'll have a lot more work on my hands just to revert what's not needed for Pale Moon.

I'm sticking with the 24-ESR hg branch that I moved over to with 24.0.1 and will focus on improving that branch.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Ryrynz

Unread post by Ryrynz » 2013-09-20, 08:48

Do you think at some point you will take a future release and hack Australis out of it? Or is it 24ESR + whatever you can port across at least for the foreseeable future?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-09-20, 09:00

It all depends on what Mozilla is going to do with the code. I'm sitting this one out.
I don't really see any sort of reason why I'd even want to look at later Firefox branches at this moment, anyway.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2013-09-21, 10:38

Yeah like what was discussed in other threads, The benefit of the ESR codebase is that we have a year of support (security updates) from mozilla and Moonchild can focus more on making Pale Moon the best it can be without the need for constant reversion or fixing issues.

That and like MC has emphatically stated we have no to little idea how Australis and other MozCo miss-steps are going to affect future versions of Firefox and it's codebase.

24ESR was the best decision MC could have made in this very unclear time in order to give us the best possible product with all the features and freedom that for so very many is so important and a deal breaker on other browsers and Firefox it's self.

That's why I use Pale Moon anyway. Surely I am not alone in that feeling.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2013-09-21, 13:12

I whole heartily agree and second Mattatobin's comments above. :thumbup:
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox