Is Pale Moon able to log network requests from a new tab opened through another application?

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
jez9999
Fanatic
Fanatic

Is Pale Moon able to log network requests from a new tab opened through another application?

Unread post by jez9999 » 2024-02-29, 00:44

I have an application in Windows which, when I click something, opens a URL in the registered default browser - Pale Moon, as I've set that as the default. However, they've set this page to redirect so the link opens in a new tab and immediately redirects to the new URL. Opening developer tools doesn't show me the original request for the first URL. Is there a way to get PM to show all network requests for a new tab opened from another application, including the very first one that was requested as soon as the tab was opened?

RealityRipple
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Is Pale Moon able to log network requests from a new tab opened through another application?

Unread post by RealityRipple » 2024-02-29, 19:13

Open the Browser Toolbox. When you get a prompt from Pale Moon to allow the connection, click OK. You will now have a windowed developer tools, instead of one in the browser. Close the browser's normal windows, but not the Browser Toolbox window. Go to the network tab, then click your link.