The PM dialog to add screen-shot files to posts in the forum is stuck on maximize with no way to adjust the size Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

The PM dialog to add screen-shot files to posts in the forum is stuck on maximize with no way to adjust the size

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2024-02-18, 12:47

The "Upload" dialog (Interface) to add screen-shots is stuck on "Maximize" and the control buttons are missing to adjust the size EDIT: They aren't there 'normally').
PIC-1 Pale Moon add-files dialog missing sizing control buttons - stuck on maximium size.png
PIC-2 how do I get the resizing buttons back to reduce screen-shot attachments.png
EDIT: I've noticed that the dialog to add attachments does not produce sizing buttons - so disregard my point about the buttons missing (they apparently aren't expected to be present - see more comments about this below).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2024-02-18, 13:34, edited 2 times in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: The PM dialog to add screen-shot files to posts in the forum is stuck on maximize with no way to adjust the size

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2024-02-18, 12:57

I would like to get the "Add files" dialog back to what it used to do (this is what Vivaldi does in the Pale Moon forum - which is what I want to get back to):
PIC-3 how the attach screen-shot dialog should look and does in Vivaldi.png
Not maximized to fill out my entire screen (like it does now in Pale Moon).

Attempting to resize (smaller) via the cursor at the edge of the window does not change the size.

So it as if the dialog in Pale Moon is stuck now filling out my entire screen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: The PM dialog to add screen-shot files to posts in the forum is stuck on maximize with no way to adjust the size

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2024-02-18, 13:04

What I now get in Pale Moon
PIC-4 what I now get in Pale Moon.png
That fills out my entire laptop screen.

I notice that there aren't any sizing buttons in Vivaldi - so it appears that's the way it supposed to render.

I can't resize the dialog in Pale Moon now (placing the cursor at the edge where it would appear I should be able to adjust the size does not work).

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2024-02-18, 13:30

A right-click - select "Restore" fixed the issue (I had cleared cache and cookies before doing this however - so not sure if this was a factor). My PWD failed to work as well - so I had to reset PWD too....

Thankfully now back to what the dialog should look like again.
PIC-5 attachfile dialog back to 'normal'.png
..... why do these kinds of things have to happen???.... (it seems like "bad" things will inevitably happen in life.... by just doing things... :cry:)

JesusOfSuburbia
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by JesusOfSuburbia » 2024-02-18, 16:11

For what it's worth, double clicking the titlebar of these save/open dialogs *should* normally toggle the maximized state like it would for a non-dialog window.
Such is life.

RealityRipple
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by RealityRipple » 2024-02-18, 19:04

Pretty sure in Windows, Goanna uses Microsoft's Common Dialog API, which, as far as I'm aware, provides no control over the size or positioning of the file selection dialog. I could be completely wrong, though.

Bilbo47
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Bilbo47 » 2024-03-21, 01:35

This is a Windows issue, not a Palemoon issue. Try DirectDolders by CodeSector. As a very happy customer, it is well worth the $25 list price, let alone the 50% off sales that happen a couple-three times a year.